Re: Update: Temporary Orders

Your divorce and child custody agreements are final, get practical tips for moving on with your life after divorce.

Unread postby Trevor » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:02 am

Alienation isn't separate from the individual. Even women who are completely in the wrong - say, who are caught cheating on decent and loving husbands - when faced with divorce, will attempt it.

The closest thing to a solution is to make children only with a woman who would love them more than she might end up hating you. And you can't predict that, as humans are quite dynamic and can change over time in fundamental ways.

I would imagine that being a man who cheats, is actually abusive, is a drunk or a drug addict, or who has extreme views about things, increases the odds that you would perceive real or imagined alienation against you.

Don't be an < Hole >.
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Unread postby Started Over » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:36 pm

And hoot regularly refuses to accept that he has any negative role whatsoever in his relationship with his children. Everything he has done that is problematic is only problematic because his ex is an alienator.

That's not healthy either.
People who live their lives watching only the rearview mirror tend to crash their cars. - Trevor
Started Over
500+ Posts

Unread postby Broken Machine » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:39 pm

They will try to do it while the divorce is going on too. Like trying to take the kids out of state. As for dealing with it post divorce, I have no idea as I am not there yet. Only thing I know is that I will not try to alienate or bad mouth the kids' mom. It is difficult at times but I am definitely more cognizant of what I say around the kids. The worse it gets is when the kids start to talk to me about their mom and I just acknowledge what they say and change the subject. I won't alienate their mom but I won't give her any free rental space in my mind either (I like that saying I picked up here by the way).
Broken Machine
100+ Posts

Unread postby Chaos » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:23 pm

hoot74 wrote:
Started Over wrote:And hoot regularly refuses to accept that he has any negative role whatsoever in his relationship with his children. Everything he has done that is problematic is only problematic because his ex is an alienator.

I use the "but for" test.

But for my ex's behavior, my children would not be alienated.
But for my girlfriend's existence, my children would STILL be alienated.

Let me make it easier for you. Imagine that you raped your child because you were angry that your ex got a new boyfriend - it's your way of getting back at her! Would you think that your ex "contributed" to the rape by having a boyfriend? What do you think a jury would say if you justified the rape by saying it was your ex's fault for having a boyfriend?

(By the way, parental alienation is worse than raping your child).

What the < edited >.
If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.
Chaos

Unread postby a dad » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:37 pm

Sickeningly unconscionable analogy.
a dad

Unread postby afc » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:30 pm

Wtf, dude?
afc
5K+ Posts

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:42 pm

Is this the child's opinion or yours?
Fatheroffour

Unread postby Chaos » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:52 pm

Make sure to tell the shrink that you think parental alienation is worse than raping your child. They may not know that yet.
If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.
Chaos

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:37 pm

Must be buddies with that pervert Gardner fella.

You seem like a half intelligent guy. You must realize how explosive such a statement is, how ignorant it sounds and how unquantifiable it is, even when stated by a moron with letters after his name.

I could be wrong.
Fatheroffour

Unread postby Started Over » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:58 pm

JFC dude.

No.
People who live their lives watching only the rearview mirror tend to crash their cars. - Trevor
Started Over
500+ Posts

PreviousNext

Return to After The Divorce is Final – Moving On