Recurrent dream... Just before.

Your divorce and child custody agreements are final, get practical tips for moving on with your life after divorce.

Recurrent dream... Just before.

Unread postby NJdad76 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:16 am

My recurrent dream/nightmare.
I had been busting < hindquarters > for like 2 years solid. 16 hour days to save a downpayment.
Then 16 hour days to renovate the house.
We finally move in and we have about 4 weeks of peace and relaxation.

My dream takes place in that time.
I am relaxing spending time with my beloved children and then I realize it is a dream and that she is about to launch a gas-lighting campaign to get me out of the house.
NJdad76
50+ Posts

Re: Recurrent dream... Just before.

Unread postby Havalu7 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:18 pm

OP has she demonstrated any suspect behaviors? Any other indications that she is unhappy?

I’m on my phone so I apologize I didn’t go back and read your thread/s.

Has she said or been saying anything?
"No." is a complete sentence.

Do not move out of your house.
Havalu7
1K+ Posts

Unread postby dad2grls » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:27 pm

One word.

Ambien.
dad2grls
100+ Posts

Unread postby Tom Kirkpatrick » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:36 pm

NJdad76 wrote:.....and then I realize it is a dream.....
Your gut is talking to you, Bro. In this game, you've gotta learn to trust it.

Tom
Like football, family court is a game of inches. A John Madden strategy
Tom Kirkpatrick
5K+ Posts

Unread postby NJdad76 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:39 pm

As far as different behavior from her... it is looking like I am finally going to get paid my share of the house.
But then again I had to spend $60,000 to $80,000 which is $40,000 less than an equitable split.

But, I am getting 13 out of every 28 days overnight with the kids and an extra year of accrual on her pension.

So, it's really not that bad.

Oh... We've been divorced a year. Separated 2.2 years and she finally got me out of the house by calling the cops on while I was picking up bagels one morning, saying I assaulted her. This was after 10 months of badmouthing me to everyone, having affairs and refusing to pay any bills and just generally tyranny and insanity.
NJdad76
50+ Posts

Unread postby Campfire » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:52 pm

Folks, the prior post is why it's critical to be recording with your digital audio recorder 24/7. He wasn't even around his wife yet he was guilty by "she said".

24/7 whether you think you will be around her or not. 24/7. Silence matters.
The List: http://www.dadsdivorce.com/father_divor ... hp?t=13374

The question is how much conflict you can control, negate, or avoid.
Campfire
2.5K+ Posts

Unread postby Tom Kirkpatrick » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:42 pm

There was a DV TRO that was dropped without prejudice and a CRO was entered into.

OP - Did you get this language dropped from your Consent Order/PSA??

ref: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=78271&hilit=tom

Tom
Like football, family court is a game of inches. A John Madden strategy
Tom Kirkpatrick
5K+ Posts

Unread postby Havalu7 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:20 am

And OP the "riddle me this" order of;
A. Having this dream and then a post later.
B. Oh I forgot been divorced 2+ years.

So in a Raising Arizona store clerk voice “So what is it Son put my hands up or get on the ground?” type question here. Not that it matters now but did you start having this dream before and prior to her claiming the DV (falsely we hope) and moving out of the house?

Maybe you could do a quick bullet point timeline for us so we know if you put your hands up in your dreams before Nicholas Cage tried to rob the store of huggies and what order it happened in. Maybe I am the only one confused here.
Last edited by Havalu7 on Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"No." is a complete sentence.

Do not move out of your house.
Havalu7
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Broken Machine » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:36 am

Yes, the timeline seems off. Prior to my divorce starting, I was having a lot of dreams where I lost my wife or she left or whatever. I would wake up with anxiety, one time I woke up and was breathing heavy like it was a panic attack. These dreams happened for about two years prior to my STBX telling me she has been thinking of separation. She also told me that she has been thinking about it for two years before she told me. During those two years I kept asking her if anything was wrong or if she was mad/upset at me about something. She always told me "no" or "everything is fine". Well now I'm in the middle of a divorce and ironically I am having no more nightmares like I was the two years prior.

Dreams are our minds processing information that we encounter when we are awake. Your gut is firing off, hence the dreams.
Broken Machine
100+ Posts

Unread postby NJdad76 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:16 pm

Havalu7 wrote:And OP the "riddle me this" order of;
A. Having this dream and then a post later.
B. Oh I forgot been divorced 2+ years.

So in a Raising Arizona store clerk voice “So what is it Son put my hands up or get on the ground?” type question here. Not that it matters now but did you start having this dream before and prior to her claiming the DV (falsely we hope) and moving out of the house?

Maybe you could do a quick bullet point timeline for us so we know if you put your hands up in your dreams before Nicholas Cage tried to rob the store of huggies and what order it happened in. Maybe I am the only one confused here.

I don't know if you are trying to be funny or insulting. Either way I don't like it.

This is a dream I have now about a time in the past when I was happy in my house with my kids, but in the dream I realize that its just a dream and that I'm about to go through hell.
NJdad76
50+ Posts

Next

Return to After The Divorce is Final – Moving On