Should I say anything about who my S9 plays with at Ex's?

Your divorce and child custody agreements are final, get practical tips for moving on with your life after divorce.

Should I say anything about who my S9 plays with at Ex's?

Unread postby Rssooner » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:50 am

Hello Everyone

When my ex and I seperated, I stayed in the home and she moved out. She lives in a decent area but not nearly as nice as what we had when we were married. The good news is that she lives close to his school and a lot of kids that go to his school are in the neighborhood. The bad news is directly across the street is a boy from my S9 class. The boy is a bit of a trouble maker and my son has gotten into trouble at school with him (nothing serious).

Up to this point, father of boy across the street was out of the picture. He has been in prison. There are 4 kids and mom living in a 1300sq ft duplex. Now father is out of prison! I picked up my son from school today and he mentioned he was playing with boy and father.

My question is...I have no idea what he was in prison for. It clearly states in our decree that we can not expose our son to anyone known sex offender, anyone with history domestic abuse, etc. Do I have a right as a father to ask to know exactly what is going on over there and to make sure my S9 is not exposed to anyone he shouldn't be exposed to? If you believe I should, I would like to hear how the best way to handle it.

Thanks
RS
Rssooner
50+ Posts

Re: Should I say anything about who my S9 plays with at Ex's

Unread postby BartSimpson » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:35 am

Nope. You have no right to police the other parent.
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby MegaDad » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:12 pm

I wouldn't. It would imply you don't think she is capable of parenting properly and hasn't considered this. Just invites conflict.
MegaDad
500+ Posts

Unread postby afc » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:26 pm

And it means she can vet the heck out of whoever you let near the kid on your time
afc
5K+ Posts

Unread postby FlyGuySLO » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:52 pm

I understand your frustration and I can tell your emotions are running high. I know, I was the poster child for "twisted and spinning" and sometimes still am (not that you are that bad off).

But no, you have no right to police the other parent and decide who the child plays with on their time. I would hope that regardless of how you feel about each other, you know your ex is a responsible mother and would be aware of any danger to the child.
FlyGuySLO
100+ Posts

Unread postby massdad1234 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:19 pm

how is your year of peace going?
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Cyberbull1 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:20 pm

Public records will tell what and why about him. Even the internet will show how many and who the sex offenders are within so many mile's of your address.
Cyberbull1
10+ Posts

Return to After The Divorce is Final – Moving On