Starting to date, ready but nervous

Your divorce and child custody agreements are final, get practical tips for moving on with your life after divorce.

Re: Starting to date, ready but nervous

Unread postby Minerva » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:07 am

I was nervous when dating again. I figured at the time that I was a washed up loser, mid-30's with kids and an ex and all that garbage.

What I realized is that if you have a job, and are a decent father, and you tell people what you are looking for, you can't scary away the poo-poo. By the end of my run I was literally telling girls "I don't pay for dates, I don't want kids, I'm not looking for anything serious, and I'm seeing other people." I got laid more than any other period in my life... Girls love a challenge.

You haven't been laid in 2 years, instead of going in defeated, walk in there knowing that it can't get any worse ;)
Minerva
100+ Posts

Unread postby massdad1234 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:45 am

I think I just finished my online dating profile! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Minerva wrote:By the end of my run I was literally telling girls "I don't pay for dates, I don't want kids, I'm not looking for anything serious, and I'm seeing other people."
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Unread postby nr552 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:18 am

massdad1234 wrote:I think I just finished my online dating profile! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Minerva wrote:By the end of my run I was literally telling girls "I don't pay for dates, I don't want kids, I'm not looking for anything serious, and I'm seeing other people."

I met my current wife on craigslist... totally random. We were together 5 years before we got married (yeah I know, I said I wouldn't do it again)-- no kids between us, and now nearly 8 years together, still going strong. I met her while NOT looking, and I think that's the reason things have gone so well.

Take your time.
nr552
500+ Posts

Unread postby massdad1234 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:51 pm

no doubt, I plan on waiting longer than a year after the divorce is final to 'cleanse' my previous relationships and grow. I have a general idea on the timeline, but yes, plan on not rushing into anything.

I agree with Minerva's sentiment, act like you deserve the best, don't box yourself into thinking because you have a divorce/kids that you aren't worth anything.
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Previous

Return to After The Divorce is Final – Moving On