So, What Now?

Your divorce and child custody agreements are final, get practical tips for moving on with your life after divorce.

So, What Now?

Unread postby iamthedad » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:01 pm

50/50 Legal/Physical - Divorced Nov, 2014.

Ex has created another false reality and has called the police (again). This time she is asserting that around about 5am today I broke into her home, roughed her up, and stole some of her things.

I was here, at home, asleep.

What on Earth? Now what? What's the correct way to react to this kind of stuff? I have a neighbor who, along with his wife, will state that in fact my car was here at 3:30am when she left for work and at 6am when he left for work. They also have a video system that records a portion of the street and will check to see if their recording goes far enough up the street to have recorded my car.

I told the officer the deal, and he seemed to understand what's going on, but what in the world happens next? What, if anything, should I do?

Thoughts appreciated in advance.
iamthedad
100+ Posts

Re: So, What Now?

Unread postby BartSimpson » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:21 pm

There is no collaborating evidence so don't worry about it.

The police deal with this kind of crazy every hour, they know what's up. When they questioned you, I'm sure you presented as surprised as can be.
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby iamthedad » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:47 pm

BartSimpson wrote:There is no collaborating evidence so don't worry about it.

The police deal with this kind of crazy every hour, they know what's up. When they questioned you, I'm sure you presented as surprised as can be.

Thank you sir. I was hoping you would be the one to respond. This is the kind of stuff I worry about in the back of my mind all the time. I try hard to silence that and just live my life, but every now and again, it's this or something like it. Always drama.

Is there anything I can do (proactive) to curb this? Please don't beat me up too bad for asking. I just want this <feces> to stop already.
iamthedad
100+ Posts

Unread postby BartSimpson » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:19 pm

Proactively stop the mother from hallucinating? Right, like that's going to happen.

Did you ever watch the show Cops?

So prior to the mother's call, was she triggered by some interaction with you? This wasn't out of the blue, what's been going on between you lately?
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby iamthedad » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:50 pm

BartSimpson wrote:Proactively stop the mother from hallucinating? Right, like that's going to happen.

Did you ever watch the show Cops?

So prior to the mother's call, was she triggered by some interaction with you? This wasn't out of the blue, what's been going on between you lately?

I don't think she's hallucinating as much as I think she is calculating.

I believe this was triggered by maybe two things: 1) I called the police on her again last week when she didn't show up to pick up the kids and 2) after that happened she exploded into a chorus of co-parenting emails, for sure out of the blue. I did not respond in kind - only to the substance. I go way out of my way to keep the distance.

She farmed police reports during the divorce I assume thinking it would help her play the victim of DV - problem for her was none of it was true. I do not think it did. I suspect she's going to get this started again soon as my D11 will be 12 and NJ is under the impression that she gets to decide when she turns 12. I know this not to be true, but it won't stop her from 'prepping' to be the victim again.
iamthedad
100+ Posts

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:25 pm

Is there anything I can do (proactive) to curb this?

You can't do much on her end but there are things you can do to protect yourself. Do you have a home security system?
Fatheroffour

Unread postby iamthedad » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:34 pm

Fatheroffour wrote:
Is there anything I can do (proactive) to curb this?

You can't do much on her end but there are things you can do to protect yourself. Do you have a home security system?

I do not. The older couple across the street does, and they are looking for me tonight to see if my car is on their video - not sure if they film far enough up the street, but they're looking. They both saw my car parked right where it always is in the wee hours as they left for work. My landlord is also aware that I was home and is willing to tell the police as much too.

I do still carry my MP3 recorder and it's running whenever I might be in vicinity of the NJ, which is rare by my own design. I am now cognizant of receipts and being tracked on BART and toll tags - I have had to use (or threaten to use) video from my work showing me at the office when she was asserting I was doing drive bys at her home.
iamthedad
100+ Posts

Unread postby BartSimpson » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:40 pm

You don't need to prove you weren't there, they have to prove you were.

Stop annoying the neighbors. Your cellphone tracked you.
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby iamthedad » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:51 pm

BartSimpson wrote:You don't need to prove you weren't there, they have to prove you were.

Stop annoying the neighbors. Your cellphone tracked you.

Hadn't thought about the cell phone, but I guess it would show my location?

I know it's on her to prove it was me - that was my first thought, but my mind immediately goes back to the pre-divorce when it was one bogus police report after another, and then CPS, and then accusing me of "driving by" and frightening her - she's got a neighbor that will play this game with her - used to come to the exchanges and hide behind cars and once actually charged me because she saw my recorder and threatened me if I didn't turn it off. I mean, to assert that I broke in is one thing, but then to suggested that I physically attacked her? How on earth does she plan to prove that? Whats her end game here? I know she's a NJ, but is she truly that far over the top to make an accusation like that she cannot prove?
iamthedad
100+ Posts

Unread postby Trevor » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:38 am

Part of her plan is working, though. You're scrambling to figure out her game. The whole country's been dealing with a similar psycho for more than a year.
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Next

Return to After The Divorce is Final – Moving On