So, What Now?

Your divorce and child custody agreements are final, get practical tips for moving on with your life after divorce.

Re: So, What Now?

Unread postby Timeflies » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:08 am

Fatheroffour wrote:
Is there anything I can do (proactive) to curb this?

You can't do much on her end but there are things you can do to protect yourself. Do you have a home security system?

If it was me I would get video surveillance installed. Not so much to prove I'm there but to protect from the unknowns that could come from the psychopath you had children with.
Timeflies
50+ Posts

Unread postby massdad1234 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:20 am

FFS - you LOVE THE DRAMA. Calling the cops on mom when she doesn't show instead of just telling her when/where to pick up the kid? Pathetic!! No wonder she is responding in turn with trying to get the cops involved. Stop being a derp and acting like you are a victim when you are just an active participant in this whole mess with YOUR child the loser. GROW UP.

iamthedad wrote:this was triggered by maybe two things: 1) I called the police on her again last week when she didn't show up to pick up the kids and 2) blah blah blah blah blah
Last edited by massdad1234 on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
massdad1234
100+ Posts

Unread postby iamthedad » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:20 am

Timeflies wrote:
Fatheroffour wrote:
Is there anything I can do (proactive) to curb this?

You can't do much on her end but there are things you can do to protect yourself. Do you have a home security system?

If it was me I would get video surveillance installed. Not so much to prove I'm there but to protect from the unknowns that could come from the psychopath you had children with.

Of all my mistakes that was the greatest, but I wouldn't give up my kids for the world. They're good people.
iamthedad
100+ Posts

Unread postby massdad1234 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:49 am

dad calls mom a pyscho yet calls the cops on her for being late/missing drop off? Instead of flipping it and having more time with children, dad inserts more drama and then claims to be the victim.
massdad1234
100+ Posts

Unread postby MegaDad » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:43 am

massdad1234 wrote:dad calls mom a pyscho yet calls the cops on her for being late/missing drop off? Instead of flipping it and having more time with children, dad inserts more drama and then claims to be the victim.

Dude, this guy already got raked over the coals for that incident in his other thread and has said from now on he will just obtain receipts with time stamps on them from nearby stores. Let's move on.
MegaDad
100+ Posts

Unread postby iamthedad » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:56 am

MegaDad wrote:
massdad1234 wrote:dad calls mom a pyscho yet calls the cops on her for being late/missing drop off? Instead of flipping it and having more time with children, dad inserts more drama and then claims to be the victim.

Dude, this guy already got raked over the coals for that incident in his other thread and has said from now on he will just obtain receipts with time stamps on them from nearby stores. Let's move on.

Thanks. To the others, I have been doing precisely and exactly what the police, counselors, friends, etc have recommended I do. Sometimes the tough love here is a bit over the top, but as you note I got the 'what for' in another thread and I get it.

If I'm guilty of having participated then so be it. I allowed this behavior (tolerated) for too long - I did so because I knew this is where we'd end up. I can correct that. But to suggest that I've created this is short-sighted. My ex has a history of this behavior with me, her first husband, her siblings, her family on both sides - accused her own father of sexual abuse - I just didn't discover these things until it was far too late. And I own that. It's on me.

I am now in a situation where I have to manage this behavior - or not manage it as the case may be. I've called the cops numerous times since the divorce. Each time she has another story - often arguing with the police about what the decree states, even railing on about the Custody Evaluator to her attny and CCing me while she did so. She is out of control, and that isn't my creation - I'm trying to protect myself and just keep my distance, but keeping my distance factors in as not getting any response is as likely to spark this behavior as responding. I feel very much like I can't win for losing.
iamthedad
100+ Posts

Unread postby massdad1234 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:03 am

Nope, you need to read the thread. OP has called cops on his ex last week. Every time, OP has some excuse why the only recourse is to call the police on his ex. Same story different day. Believe the < bovine scat > if you want.

MegaDad wrote:

Last edited by massdad1234 on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
massdad1234
100+ Posts

Unread postby iamthedad » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:05 am

massdad1234 wrote:Nope, you need to read the thread. OP has called cops on his ex last week.

MegaDad wrote:

Which is where the other thread that he references got started. I'm not here to argue with you sir. Your point has been made.
iamthedad
100+ Posts

Unread postby massdad1234 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:12 am

you know what I think is over the top? Calling the cops on your baby momma when she is late for a pickup.
massdad1234
100+ Posts

Unread postby iamthedad » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:15 am

massdad1234 wrote:you know what I think is over the top? Calling the cops on your baby momma when she is late for a pickup.

Thanks. I have noted your opinion.
iamthedad
100+ Posts

PreviousNext

Return to After The Divorce is Final – Moving On