The new guy

Your divorce and child custody agreements are final, get practical tips for moving on with your life after divorce.

Re: The new guy

Unread postby Optimist630 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:11 pm

Never a dull moment with wacko I get put into some weird situations. Today is her day but the bus comes to me every day, and daughter is with me until ex gets off of work. 10 minutes before the bus she sends a text saying she "should" be there early today to be able to get her but her timeline was really tight. I said I'm heading to the bus stop based off of the "should" part. Not leaving a five-year-old with nobody to pick her up. Inevitably, she does get there in time while I am standing there. So my mind starts racing over what to do in this moment. I went with not feeling like I work for her and being dismissed one minute before my daughter gets off the bus expecting to see me. She made a comment like that was what I should be doing but I stayed and gave her a hug really quick and then went home. I requested more notice in the future. Sure I could have just gone home and daughter would have never known I was there. But it felt weak.

In retrospect I would have ignored the text and just been there and said "OK well I'm just going to give her a hug and say hi since she was expecting to see me" that is basically what I said still I would never infringe on her time with our daughter but since she didn't first give any notice, then not know if she would actually be there, I wasn't going to walk all the way there just to turn around and be dismissed.

I feel like I picked two kids up at the bus.
Optimist630
100+ Posts

Unread postby RockyCali » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:59 am

Dude, I know this is tough, but as someone who was emotionally where you are about 3 years ago, here's what I read out of your bus-stop encounter today:

Your daughter saw you. You're still a hero in her eyes. And then she still got to spend time with her mommy.

That's it.
RockyCali
100+ Posts

Unread postby massdad1234 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:58 pm

stop being so readily available to your ex. If it was her time and you were there, you got to give her a hug and talk to her quickly. You can also show that daddy acts the same when mommy is around as when not.

You are still pretty fresh and spending a lot of time thinking about your ex. You need to keep and maintain your peace.

What type of exercise routine do you have? How about adding some walking in it to start?
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Previous

Return to After The Divorce is Final – Moving On