Filing a motion on home school vs public -Prose or a Lawyer?

Your divorce and child custody agreements are final, get practical tips for moving on with your life after divorce.

Re: Filing a motion on home school vs public -Prose or a Law

Unread postby Ireadthelist » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:59 pm

by HaltAndCatchFire » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:29 pm

Just curious, did school rankings ever tip the scale in your outcome? Like you, my former attorney seemed to think our judge would take rankings into consideration, if it got to that point.

This board seemed to think that school rankings would not be a deciding factor in the case. The other side made it a constant talking point, that I was in a D rated district, hers a C. The contention was that homeschool was better than such subpar districts. So I offered to move to an A rated district to mute that point of contention. I think that made an impact on the judge, seeing that I was trying to find solutions....

If the issue had been solely on my district vs hers, I think the judge would not have overruled the previous order granting her district. I could care less that it was her district-I just want the kid in a good school that is`nt homeschool, so no problem to drive to the school in her district.
Ireadthelist
100+ Posts

Re: Filing a motion on home school vs public -Prose or a Law

Unread postby BartSimpson » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:03 pm

Case law supports this boards position on school ranking.

Your child is entitled to an education, but not a certain quality of education.
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Previous

Return to After The Divorce is Final – Moving On