Idiot emailed again with the news of daughter's remarriage

Your divorce and child custody agreements are final, get practical tips for moving on with your life after divorce.

Re: Idiot emailed again with the news of daughter's remarria

Unread postby hopeful dad » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:36 pm

For sure i will not go judge for this. But I may bring it to his notice at any first opportunity i have to be in court. (We still outstanding issues before court).I cleverly got her abuses last time into my declaration during last custody modification without getting chewed on. I am sure ex would have asked to stop doing this again

The intent is more for ex to discipline her rowdy mom than actually going to court for this
Moving forward with distress behind!
hopeful dad
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Phoenix853 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:19 pm

I personally wouldn't care and would block MIL each and every time she contacted me. It would burn her more to get a message Like "Error 23: SMS Not Delivered - Sender Blocked by Intended recipient." over and over again or returned email.

But....
If she is truly Harassing you and is in the local statute guidelines you could get a restraining order on her.

Hope, you need to practice DGAF. By you responding your showing her where your goat is tied up. Don't let her get your goat.

You want to telegraph your play to your EX. Don't. Just go get a punching bag or work out. Something.
Phoenix
Phoenix853
1K+ Posts

Unread postby hopeful dad » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:55 pm

Ok guys, DGAF set on high. I feel a bit better today. I can only do what I can do. I have planned few activities with D for next two days and hoping to have a good time.

I am also trying to set an automated canned response to a specific sender. Still figuring out. Last time an year agoI had created a label/folder. The message went into a folder but also appeared in my inbox otherwise I wouldn't have noticed

Small Update: I will open a thread to discuss miscellaneous legal impact such as Spousal Support, School, Move away etc on remarriage.

Based on what I noticed this time, I am not sure who is sending these emails.
The email id is as follows <NJ Middlename><NJ First Name><NJ birth year>@xyz.com. For sure it's not the email of NJ that I am familiar with.

The name section says Partly Her name and Partly her native village name.. It could be that NJ is harassing. I always suspected how this illiterate became email savvy so soon. NJ is using my native language and also using her Mom's picture so that it looks as her Mother

We are strictly ordered to communicate only with a special coparenting tool and keep it to only child related. Based on the email id alone, NJ is probably involved in this harassment directly, which is in violation of court order? Is it possible to trace where the message came from?

Obviously I will keep quiet now. Just shared here to now if that makes any difference
hopeful dad
1K+ Posts

Unread postby whatever_works » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:05 am

Look at the detailed header in the email. There should be an IP address. Search for that IP address on who-is and narrow the location and ISP. Now the court can get the ISP to reveal the user.
whatever_works
100+ Posts

Unread postby Trevor » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:40 am

Or you could ignore emails from this sender. Yet here you are in analysis paralysis. You are fecking harassing yourself. The idea that someone can harass another by email is laughable.
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:12 am

Seems like a lot of drama for something that can be addressed in under a minute.

Do you know about rules and filters for email?
Fatheroffour

Unread postby whatever_works » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:47 am

Even better, change your email. And your phone number.
whatever_works
100+ Posts

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:04 am

For some, that could be a large undertaking when they then have to also change contact info with schools, doctors, investment and financial accounts as well as all their personal and business contacts.

It's why rules and filters exist.
Fatheroffour

Unread postby hopeful dad » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:05 am

Court orders are to obey and follow? Isn't it? If we are ordered to communicate through a specific tool why the heck is she sending emails? She is not giving a damn to court orders. No?
hopeful dad
1K+ Posts

Unread postby BartSimpson » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:14 am

You don't know that.

You are making up a fantasy that the mother did this, when the g'ma is a plausible excuse. Frankly, it was both - so what?

I wish you could see the other side of this - how important you must be to them, how much space they are giving you free of rent in their brains. All this plotting, fake account, tiny clues in the metadata, and for what? To give you a photo of the next sucker who will suffer the wrath of these women?

Look at that man, he's a dead man walking. What will he suffer when these two set their aim for him?
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

PreviousNext

Return to After The Divorce is Final – Moving On