Idiot emailed again with the news of daughter's remarriage

Your divorce and child custody agreements are final, get practical tips for moving on with your life after divorce.

Re: Idiot emailed again with the news of daughter's remarria

Unread postby Tom Kirkpatrick » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:06 pm

hopeful dad wrote:Now she is married any way time to terminate.
Careful, Bro. You sound awfully sure of yourself on this.

Didn't your attorney tell you alimony can be revisited?? Suppose she gets divorced?? Remember, the Mr W effect is usually temporary.

1) Gavron Warning.

2) Non-modifiable clause. The exception to non-modifiable would be you losing your job or taking a pay cut.

3) Termination date certain.

Don't forget:
$50/mo is akin to a "reserved ruling," meaning alimony can be revisited at some future date post divorce.
$50 isn't the issue. The real issue is the alimony order itself. You want no mention of alimony in the final order. You must not leave the door open for alimony to be revisited.

hopeful dad wrote:Those pictures of pigs exchanging garland can only be of wedding!
NJ is making a claim of alimony from you. Doesn't she have a duty to inform the court of her remarriage??

Tom
Everyone is entitled to my opinion. - Maxine™
Tom Kirkpatrick
5K+ Posts

Unread postby hopeful dad » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:29 pm

Tom Kirkpatrick wrote:Careful, Bro. You sound awfully sure of yourself on this

The order say that it terminates. I think its not without motion. I need to check with attorney until then I will continue to pay.

I will make sure i will get a non modifiable clause into the order

Tom Kirkpatrick wrote:NJ is making a claim of alimony from you. Doesn't she have a duty to inform the court of her remarriage??

Any reasonable person should. But what we are dealing with here is a class 1 NJ. Apparently there is no consequence of not reporting as per hoosier dad's post earlier? As per him, many hide this fact to continue to get spousal support. Seem like court doesnt care if she didn't report
Moving forward with distress behind!
hopeful dad
1K+ Posts

Unread postby TeamAwesome » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:52 am

Maybe I'm missing something here. If there is no final decree and they are still under temp orders, then OP isn't divorced. Neither is his wife. Conclusion: She is NOT remarried. Not legally anyway.

I have never heard of being actually divorced without a final decree.
TeamAwesome
100+ Posts

Unread postby hopeful dad » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:43 am

She is officially remarried. My lawyer sent an email 2 days ago confirming this and asking me to stop giving SS. So SS is not a problem going forward.

We were legally divorced - status only. CA is one of the very few states which allows bifurcation of divorce.

This turned out ti be not a rumor afterall!
Moving forward with distress behind!
hopeful dad
1K+ Posts

Previous

Return to After The Divorce is Final – Moving On