Idiot emailed again with the news of daughter's remarriage

Your divorce and child custody agreements are final, get practical tips for moving on with your life after divorce.

Re: Idiot emailed again with the news of daughter's remarria

Unread postby whatever_works » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:08 am

Dude revenge is a dish best served cold. She can hurt you with words, but apparently she did not do much damage to you in court. I (and a lot others, I presume) am in quite a bit of a jam divorce-wise but don't have to contend with their emails and foul words. Consider yourself lucky. Take the high road. Wish them well. They are probably in a lot of pain to keep sending you their brain droppings.
whatever_works
100+ Posts

Unread postby whatever_works » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:09 am

Trevor wrote:Never "just stop paying." File for a modification.

This bears repeating. Never ever stop paying CS without a court modification.
whatever_works
100+ Posts

Unread postby hoosier_dad » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:25 am

hopeful dad wrote:NJ's idiot mother send a one line email with the wedding picture.

OP, I know you're hurt and the email and picture from the ex-MIL stings at first. But if you take a step back and look at her actions objectively, you've got to see how hilarious it is that your ex-MIL sent you evidence for court.

We get Dads on here all the time that are desperate to find evidence of remarriage, even hiring a private investigator to hunt down the records. And here your ex-MIL gives you a wedding picture, potentially a $600 a year gift. That was very kind of her.
hoosier_dad

Unread postby grandetaco » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:02 am

Op, go for walk bud, you need to learn to laugh this kinda stuff off, nothing they say reflects upon who you truly are.

You should have some fun instead,
send them flowers that is considered bad omen in their culture :-), or a gift wrapped in black wrapping paper.

I spread rumors last year that I was engaged and was ready to move with my lover.
Then I confirmed that my lover was a a guy. :shock: :shock:

But the latter was short lived as the chatty ladies around me figured out I was feeding them Barbara Streisand :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh yeah, as mentioned already, start your prep in case she tries to move.
“A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband, while a man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.”
grandetaco
500+ Posts

Unread postby BartSimpson » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:27 am

You knew this was coming since the bifurcation proposal last year.

You are properly concerned about your daughter's use of terms reserved for paternity, and you should gently correct her when she does. However, the fact you do not use english in the home with your daughter will not make it easy to pursue in Court. Keep track in your journal for now.
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby hopeful dad » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:37 pm

@whatever_works: I don't why she should start harassing me. She has sent more messages since that email. She should be happy that her daughter is settled into new marriage. Right? Well you understand these type of characters better than anyone!

Btw I was talking about modifying SS not CS. I know remarriage of ex has no effect on CS. Its considered only under special circumstances which I do not meet
Moving forward with distress behind!
hopeful dad
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Tom Kirkpatrick » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:52 pm

hopeful dad wrote:I am also worried about move away and all those commotions. I have 50/50 equal custody, we live 5 miles apart albeit 2 different schooling district.
Have you got a geographic restriction??

Don't worry about alimony just yet. $50/mo isn't gonna kill you. When NJ gets married, file a motion to terminate.

Then again: With regard to alimony clause in your decree, have you got a termination date certain?? If you do, it may not even be worth your while to file for termination due to NJ's marriage. Crunch your numbers before you file - calculate cost vs benefit.

Tom
Everyone is entitled to my opinion. - Maxine™
Tom Kirkpatrick
5K+ Posts

Unread postby hopeful dad » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:14 pm

@hoosier_dad. For sure she gifted me with that. Two years ago she had gifted enough for custody reversal!. She is a piece of work, also a bonafide idiot, but she means nothing to me now. I only have to deal with ex because of my D. The marriage is like marriage of two pigs. I feel a need to nip this in the bud.

@grandtaco thanks Bro. I should think of her next planned steps. I am sure she will be moving to new home. There will be soon change of place coming up. I will soon start a thread about schooling and all soon. D will go to KG next year

@Bart. I gently corrected when she said that. We communicate in English. My daughter doesn't speak in native language at all though she understands the language. She said nana made red chicken. She always calls me daddy and has never called nana. When I asked who this nana is, she said nana means daddy and its you(D is very smart! She knows to balance aleady). At that point, I suspected there could be someone at home.

We converse in English all the time. Due to D being in daycare since six month old, and having watched cartoons on tv, she knows English very well, and prefers to talk in English. She never talk in my native language but may understand few words and simple sentences. Occasionally if I ask something in my native language, she responds to me in English.

Can I write something like this to my ex in order to be not bothered again; Mr W will also know what he is inheriting if he has any sense

"You mother has started writing me crap again. This should stop immediately. If she continues to harass me, I will let the judge know about it"
hopeful dad
1K+ Posts

Unread postby afc » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:17 pm

You seriously want to ask the judge to please make your ex's mom behave?
Just filter out the emails.
afc
5K+ Posts

Unread postby hopeful dad » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:24 pm

@Tom

As I said earlier, there is no termination date for SS. We are still under temp orders. We don't have a decree yet. However the formal court order for support (FLxyz) says spousal support to be terminated on the remarriage of recipent.

Again since we are still living under temp orders, we dont have geography clause in the temp orders.

The order only mentions the current custody schedule (parenting plan) and where and when to pick up and drop off etc
hopeful dad
1K+ Posts

PreviousNext

Return to After The Divorce is Final – Moving On