Idiot emailed again with the news of daughter's remarriage

Your divorce and child custody agreements are final, get practical tips for moving on with your life after divorce.

Idiot emailed again with the news of daughter's remarriage

Unread postby hopeful dad » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:37 am

What a bunch of pigs. We just got officially divorced. She got married with in a month. I knew something was cooking. NJ's idiot mother send a one line email with the wedding picture. The marriage could have been arranged with a dude living here and I think she got married locally here without going to home country

Daughter suddenly said "Daddy made red chicken". (Daddy in my local language) I was very suspicious there is someone in my role at her place. She is not even 4 and when I asked again she didn't give me proper response. I really cannot stand my daughter call anyone Daddy or something to that effect. Ex had openly said to me before separation that she is going to bring my daughter a nice new dad during argument

And now this the old hag emailed the wedding picture saying which roughly translates to:
"Worthy should not be with Unworthy(me), right?"

I just wanted to respond saying "Unworthy will not be with worthy(Mr Wonderful) for long". I stopped short of saying that because I didn't want to say anything as we still have pending case look up to you guys before saying anything

I have totally blocked the old hag and she created a new email to send this message to me. Two years ago she harassed me with the filthiest language possible, I came here and shared with you guys and you said me to ignore the idiot completely. So I never retaliated. I am keeping everything in my chest. Why is she doing this again to me? I am really p_issed and feel like retaliating and put this idiot in her place. I have taken enough crap from this uncivilized woman

Leaving emotions out, What are the court formalities/steps that I have to complete on ex getting remarried? I am paying spousal support (very small amount less than 50$)?

I am also worried about move away and all those commotions. I have 50/50 equal custody, we live 5 miles apart albeit 2 different schooling district.

Sorry for venting.
Moving forward with distress behind!
hopeful dad
1K+ Posts

Re: Idiot emailed again with the news of daughter's remarria

Unread postby hopeful dad » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:03 am

Do I need to wait till ex inform court about remarriage?

"The order says payor's obligation to pay support will terminate on the death of either party, remarriage, or registration of a new domestic partnership of the support payee"

Can I send a BIFF email saying that I have come to know about the remarriage, and if I could stop paying the support from next month and reimburse any over-payments if she got married in the prior months for which I have already payed the support.

It doesn't make sense to file a motion to terminate this as it is such a small amount. Do I need to inform my attorney about this?

Please let me know
hopeful dad
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Havalu7 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:11 am

Hopeful I am not one of the legal beagles but I think radio silence is in order at least till you get some strategy stating otherwise.

Yea it hurts but control what you can and after you let yourself feel that emotion of hurt; let your spirit control that emotion and put it in check. Don't get all spun up on what is outside of your hula hoop brother. The DGAF meter needs to be turned up on high.

1 John 14; Let not your heart be troubled. I think I am going to change my signature line to that soon too. You don't have to be a Christ follower to see the wisdom in that do you? It was a command that Jesus gave to His disciples at the Garden of Gethseneme (spelling?). It was not a suggestion.

Hang in there and keep being the Superdad and everything will work out well.
”No is a complete sentence” Unknown
Havalu7
1K+ Posts

Unread postby JimRockford » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:45 am

Havalu7 wrote:The DGAF meter needs to be turned up on high.

Last thing you need is for the "old hag" to say that she and her daughter feel unsafe and threatened and have you defending against a restraining order. Fifty bucks, I did not know that spousal support could go that low. The good thing is not so much that it ends, is that now there is no way it could increase had she not gotten remarried and then suffered some debilitating injury.
Deciding to go forward with a divorce is kind of like joining a brotherhood. However, it is a brotherhood that you really don't want to join.
JimRockford
500+ Posts

Unread postby hopeful dad » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:32 am

Thank you Havalu7 for kind words. Things like these test the limits. Certainly there is a lot of wisdom in Lord's advice.

I will try to hang in there. I need ways to distract myself. It hurts knowing she used me to come up and screwed my life and my daughters and happily settled into a new marriage. Total consienceless woman.

Hey Jim Welcome back. I don't know if there is any threatening in saying what I said I wanted to say in response to that idiot. Though I have decided to not say anything. It will be self revelation of her worthiness to new captain.

Yes SS came out to be minimal based on the calculator after custody modification six months ago.

Should I just ask ex if she has gotten married and if I could stop paying SS? Or should I wait till she comes forward and update the change of status to the court. I think I will do the later in case if I have to take her to trial for finances (which is still pending), your honor she is married and she didn't inform court. That will add to the list of her lies and deciet
hopeful dad
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:31 am

She still knows how to push your buttons.

Chill.
Fatheroffour

Unread postby hopeful dad » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:25 am

Sure.

How do I deal with SS now? Do I need to wait till she officially announces she is married
hopeful dad
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:42 am

We generally recommend being proactive. You have a wedding picture, you don't need to ask or wait.
Fatheroffour

Unread postby hopeful dad » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:48 am

You mean I just stop giving from next month or do I need to file something with the court to terminate via lawyer?
hopeful dad
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Trevor » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:53 am

Never "just stop paying." File for a modification.
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Next

Return to After The Divorce is Final – Moving On