EX DELEGATES < parenting time > AND UPDATES TO HER LAWYER

Your divorce and child custody agreements are final, get practical tips for moving on with your life after divorce.

EX DELEGATES < parenting time > AND UPDATES TO HER LAWYER

Unread postby tdever » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:51 pm

So My ex says that she will no longer talk to me nor schedule < parenting time > with me, and that I will have to get with her Lawyer to get updates, schedule < parenting time > etc. I wonder can I bring her Lawyer up on contempt charges if she fails to drop off my children on my < parenting time > time?
Last edited by tdever on Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tdever
10+ Posts

Re: EX'S DELEGATES < parenting time > AND UPDATES TO HER LAW

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:54 pm

No, you can't. Only you and the mother are under the authority of the court ordered parenting plan.
Fatheroffour

Unread postby tdever » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:06 pm

I do understand that. However, if she has already delegated this to her lawyer and her lawyer seems to have accepted this responsibility and role. She will not talk to me anymore, I get zero updates about my three daughters and now I have to schedule < parenting time > thru her lawyer. It does not seem legit truthfully. But even if it is or is not, If he decides that he is willing to accept that role and he is a officer of the family court, it seems to me that he should or could be held in contempt if my daughters are not given to me during my scheduled parenting time.
tdever
10+ Posts

Unread postby Phoenix853 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:17 pm

Back up....

What's your current custody order?
What is the schedule?

Drop off or pick up?

So your Ex doesn't have an issue with you blowing up her attorney with requests for custody request?
Phoenix
Phoenix853
1K+ Posts

Unread postby tdever » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:22 pm

My order says that I pick them up from her residence, I live in Ohio they are in SC. If i lived in State which that is on the horizon I have 47 percent custody. Out of state I have one weekend a month of my choosing. 6 weeks in summer half of christmas every other spring break. every thanksgiving.

So she does not want to talk with me or give me updates because she has a new boyfriend, and has made me out to be this despicable character to him and truthfully everyone she comes in contact with.

Her Lawyer contacted me today with the location and time of my parenting time this friday. So I would take it he is on board with that decision.

Her Lawyer is a personal friend of hers as well.

And she wants me to go thru him for both drop off and pick up. And I think all updates about my daughters truthfully. So far he has been worse at updating me than she is.
tdever
10+ Posts

Unread postby afc » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:24 pm

So then what is this about " I wonder can I bring her Lawyer up on contempt charges if she fails to drop off my children on my < parenting time > time?"?

According to your plan, she doesnt drop off, you pick up.
afc
5K+ Posts

Unread postby tdever » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:33 pm

I dont understand, she has physical custody,

She is saying to schedule my time i have to go thru her lawyer to schedule my time.
tdever
10+ Posts

Unread postby tdever » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:37 pm

I see what you are saying. I am saying in general if she does not meet me for drop off or pick up regardless of the location. If she deffered her < parenting time > to be set by her lawyer, if she doe snot show up to a drop off or pick up shouldn't i be able to bring her lawyer up on contempt of a court order.

For instance this spring break is mine she has told me that she is not giving me my time. So as of last week she said that her lawyer would be handling < parenting time >, so if i do not get my spring break shouldn't he be in contempt as well
tdever
10+ Posts

Unread postby lovingfatherof2 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:12 pm

1. You need a lawyer, like right now.

2. Blow up her lawyers email with BIFF emails, just pound OC with them. That costs serious money.
I type butter on mah phon
lovingfatherof2
1K+ Posts

Unread postby tdever » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:12 pm

I do have a lawyer, but was handling most of this Pro Se
tdever
10+ Posts

Next

Return to After The Divorce is Final – Moving On