Ex Marriage search

Your divorce and child custody agreements are final, get practical tips for moving on with your life after divorce.

Ex Marriage search

Unread postby vmware » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:41 pm

Hi. Wondering if anyone has any recommendations for online people/PI-type databases? I have reason to suspect my ex has remarried; I pay alimony and our divorce agreement stipulates alimony ceases upon her remarriage so I also suspect she might have forgotten to let me know about it. I was hoping one or more of the online systems is comprehensive enough that I could avoid driving around to a bunch of county courthouses or hiring a PI/attorney. Any recommendations or relevant experience with these systems to share? Thanks!
vmware
New

Re: Ex Marriage search

Unread postby BartSimpson » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:02 pm

It would help if you mentioned your State, it's Missouri, right?
What makes you think that she is remarried - where are you getting your gossip?
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby vmware » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:12 pm

Missouri, yes. Ex lives in Illinois now.

My suspicions are based on ex's facebook posts mentioning new husband and comments our children made about having a step-sister. Kids let that slip; they said she asked them not to tell me.
vmware
New

Unread postby lionel2013 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:54 pm

My suspicions are based on ex's facebook posts mentioning new husband and comments our children made about having a step-sister. Kids let that slip; they said she asked them not to tell me.

This should be enough to get started with a lawyer filing a motion, I would think. In many states marriage certificates are public information. Don't know about IL in particular, but I am certain a decent lawyer should be able to figure this one out. Also think going that route will be a lot less expensive than hiring a PI.
Whenever you think divorce is bad, remember there are worse things than divorce.
lionel2013
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Chaos » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:11 pm

If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.
Chaos
2.5K+ Posts

Unread postby Havalu7 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:23 pm

OP it would also be a great online hygiene note to change your user name if you happen to be anyway associated with said company.

Others may be searching for you and well. ..enough said about that.
"No." is a complete sentence.

Do not move out of your house.
Havalu7
1K+ Posts

Return to After The Divorce is Final – Moving On