09 divorce

Your divorce and child custody agreements are final, get practical tips for moving on with your life after divorce.

09 divorce

Unread postby atorres » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:30 pm

HELP!
I have contacted a few attorneys to revisiting my 09 divorce because I have alimony house was awarded to her half of my 401 was awarded to her car, boat, camper all went to her, what did get? NOTHING! divorce was not fair!
Any suggestions?
atorres
First Post

Re: 09 divorce

Unread postby Tom Kirkpatrick » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:39 pm

atorres wrote:HELP!
I have contacted a few attorneys to revisiting my 09 divorce because I have alimony house was awarded to her half of my 401 was awarded to her car, boat, camper all went to her, what did get? NOTHING! divorce was not fair!
Any suggestions?
Q: Did your case go to trial??.....or did you settle out of court?? There's a difference.

Also.....Why have you waited seven years before bringing this up??

Tom
Everyone is entitled to my opinion. - Maxine™
Tom Kirkpatrick
5K+ Posts

Unread postby lionel2013 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:42 am

atorres wrote:HELP!
Any suggestions?

Is this a joke?

What are you trying to accomplish now, eight years later?

Or are you just venting?
Whenever you think divorce is bad, remember there are worse things than divorce.
lionel2013
1K+ Posts

Unread postby lovingfatherof2 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:37 pm

He probably agreed to give her all that. I don't know any judge that would award one spouse everything and the other nothing, he agreed and settled.

Probably took him all these years for him to realize what he had done and now wants to change it, but that ship has sailed. There is no going back.
I type butter on mah phon
lovingfatherof2
1K+ Posts

Unread postby lionel2013 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:25 pm

lovingfatherof2 wrote:He probably agreed to give her all that. I don't know any judge that would award one spouse everything and the other nothing, he agreed and settled.

Probably took him all these years for him to realize what he had done and now wants to change it, but that ship has sailed. There is no going back.

Yep, that ship surely has sailed.

This is one of the most bizarre posts I've seen on this board in the ~four years since I joined.
Whenever you think divorce is bad, remember there are worse things than divorce.
lionel2013
1K+ Posts

Unread postby RockyCali » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:02 am

It was a drive-by? I'm ... shocked.
RockyCali
100+ Posts

Return to After The Divorce is Final – Moving On