Update 3

Your divorce and child custody agreements are final, get practical tips for moving on with your life after divorce.

Update 3

Unread postby hoot74 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:50 pm

We had the final (of 3) pre-trial conferences on February 16, ostensibly to determine how the kids were getting along with the new 77 schedule, changed from 2255. Of course, if you saw "Update 2," you know that the Ex refused to allow the change in schedule.

The Ex did not show up at this conference. Evidently, she fired the lawyer (#7) that showed up at the January 6 conference, and hired #8, without ever filing the change of attorney form with the court. After about 20 minutes without the Ex or her lawyer, the Judge became very irate. She saw lawyer #7 in the hall who had showed up for the next conference and pulled him in. He said that he had been fired and thought that the Ex had a new lawyer. The Judge instructed a clerk to phone the supposed new lawyer. After about 10 minutes, they got the new lawyer on the phone who seemed to know almost nothing about the case, except that she said that she would file for Summary Judgment to find for her client to have sold custody based on the fact that there is no such thing as parental alienation (the new lawyer had no idea that the Judge already ordered a trial specifically to try the issue of parental alienation).

So, the Ex has filed for Summary Judgment with a March 22 hearing date.
hoot74
1K+ Posts

Re: Update 3

Unread postby dadforever » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:04 pm

Hi hoot:

This isn't totally relevant to what you posted, but have you checked out Dr. Childress' blog and specifically his diagnostic criteria for determining pathogenic parenting? Great stuff, my ex scores off the charts.

http://www.drcachildress.org/asp/admin/ ... D=6&FN=pdf

His entire blog is a must read. He makes some great suggestions for holding mental health professionals and even GALS accountable.
dadforever
100+ Posts

Re: Update 3

Unread postby hoot74 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:17 pm

Hi df,

Thank you for the recommendation. Yes, I have thoroughly reviewed his materials. They form the basis of my case to present at trial.

The argument in the request for Summary Judgment sounds like what you would expect from a college student who typed the following into Google: "How to defend against claim of Parental Alienation Syndrome." Too bad for the other side that I never mentioned PAS in my claims.

H
hoot74
1K+ Posts

Return to After The Divorce is Final – Moving On