Update

Your divorce and child custody agreements are final, get practical tips for moving on with your life after divorce.

Re: Update

Unread postby big guy » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:09 pm

The ex only communicates through her husband's email account. He threatens court with every exchange. The mortgage is on the building that I have my business in. It's not my house. It's been the way I have dug myself out of the hole in addition to the day job. It was ordered in the decree that I get her name off the loan. I can't do it until I have more cash. Divorce is bad for credit ratings. House is paid for.

It's my daughter's graduation party and not a place for conflict. Mom doesn't need to ruin it for her daughter.
big guy
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Started Over » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:31 pm

If she tries to take you back to court, you'll have to at least show you've taken some steps to try to refinance. That's what it takes to not be in contempt. If it is something you were ordered to do, it might make sense to send a certified letter explaining the steps you've taken and the lack of success and note what your next steps will be, but you don't have to do anything with respect to the emails.

With respect to the graduation party, ignore.
People who live their lives watching only the rearview mirror tend to crash their cars. - Trevor
Started Over
500+ Posts

Unread postby big guy » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:09 pm

I have not done what is required but I cannot change the issue with the bank at the present time. Maybe in 6 months yes. but not now. If we went to court and found in their favor, it would break me financially. They have been trying to punish me for having primary custody for the last year and a half.
big guy
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Minerva » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:32 pm

Stop thinking about rejection and just start finding things that you love. I've picked up so many hobbies after divorcing. I have such a good time I could care less if I meet someone I like or not (male or female). When you find your passions, you automatically become more interesting and it attracts more people to you.
Minerva
100+ Posts

Unread postby massdad1234 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:37 pm

Quoted for truth

Minerva wrote:When you find your passions, you automatically become more interesting and it attracts more people to you.
massdad1234
500+ Posts

Previous

Return to After The Divorce is Final – Moving On