The transition

Your divorce and child custody agreements are final, get practical tips for moving on with your life after divorce.

The transition

Unread postby Optimist630 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:38 pm

My first post in the after divorce area...

It isn't final yet but it won't be long. I secured a 50-50 arrangement, 2-3-2 with D5. I have secured a nice home nearby. Now for the hard part. She has 3 half siblings. I know I have an uphill battle at the beginning. It will be very different just being with me. Any advice? Besides sticking with it, which I will do. It being hard will not result in me forfeiting what I have fought for. I have talked to mom at length about our roles in encouraging D5 to enjoy her tims at both places.

I can give what she cannot get at mom's, undivided attention. It will also help that even onmom's days the bus comes to me so we get bonus time together (and she simply stays with me on my night, rather than an exchange.

I have been told to provide normal and consistency. Kids gravitate to it.
Optimist630
100+ Posts

Re: The transition

Unread postby Outis » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:42 pm

Basically what you said, sticking to it. Get into that schedule and routine, and build some positive habits.

A point of emphasis from Bart has always been holiday routines - establishing new traditions.

There's an adjustment period. Be consistent, have fun, enjoy. She'll take a lot of cues from you; don't make anything a big deal.
What am I to do with all this silence
Shy away, shy away phantom
Run away terrified child
Outis
5K+ Posts

Re: The transition

Unread postby Minerva » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:53 pm

You also provide something that no one else can........her dad.
Minerva
100+ Posts

Return to After The Divorce is Final – Moving On