Divorce is final. Wife filed new motion. New Jusdge? WTF?

Your divorce and child custody agreements are final, get practical tips for moving on with your life after divorce.

Divorce is final. Wife filed new motion. New Jusdge? WTF?

Unread postby NJdad76 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:10 pm

So the divorce is final and she sent me an email that ended with the statement that I am trying to get something I don't deserve.
After paying the mortgage and day care for the past 8 years, buying and renovating the house with my own money and sweat and blood... while she keeps all her money and went on individual vacations and such... It was too much.
I finally let her know what I really thought of her and went too far.

I apologized through my attorney, and haven't repeated it... but 2 months later she has filed a motion. For the email 2 months ago and a few other minor things. Like I told my son one night he could stay up late playing video games so long as he didn't tell mom because she would get mad at me.... Etc..

Did we get the divorce judge who saw all her shenanigans and knows that she is a liar and manipulator?
NO!
We got the judge who saw us the day we tried to get restraining orders on each other and he believed her convincing crying shaking depiction of me assaulting her, then he filed one for her against me, requiring psych eval and I had restricted < parenting time > with the kids for 6 months. This was 18 months ago.

The judge who did the divorce is still doing family.

I asked my attorney if there is anything we can do to get the judge who knows the case and he said no. They will probably say no and then the current judge may dislike us.

Another problem is that the stuff I said in the email is true, but if I prove each point it could jeopardize her job, so I need to basically say that it is "largely true", but for the sake of decency I'd rather not revisit it.
NJdad76
10+ Posts

Re: Divorce is final. Wife filed new motion. New Jusdge? WT

Unread postby Outis » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:19 pm

NJdad76 wrote:but 2 months later she has filed a motion. For the email 2 months ago and a few other minor things.

Huh? Just a couple weeks ago you were still hammering out the final PSA. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=78286&p=889243#p889243

Was this email sent before the divorce was finalized?
What am I to do with all this silence
Shy away, shy away phantom
Run away terrified child
Outis
5K+ Posts

Unread postby NJdad76 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:33 am

It is complicated the short story is that we have a collection of emails, notes and handwritten details that were given to the judge that serve as the PSA. We are divorced, Now we are writing out the PSA in a neat document.
Hence my post:
Divorce is final. Wife filed new motion. Instead of the judge that knows her to be a lying, manipulative and litigious person, we have the Judge who filed a restraining order against me before the divorce. So, how did she pull that off?
basically, I sent her one nasty email and she is filing a motion. It was in November. My attorney refuses to inquire as to why we are using this Judge instead of our previous one, saying the mere inquiry implies that there is funny business and he will get insulted.
How do I get around that?

Long version.... we are officially divorced and the PSA given to the judge is a collection of letters, emails and handwritten notes that the attorneys hashed out the morning of the 1 year anniversary of the divorce filling.
The way I understand it, the judge has an unofficial but strict 1 year limit and basically was saying that if we didn't resolve it that morning, we would to trial that morning and he would rule on things in ways that neither of us liked.
Now we are working on getting this document done, and she is adding < feces >, but then again, so am I, so its ok. Her attorney has a reading problem.
As in he doesn't read stuff and when he does read it, half his response is < female dog > about having to read it. He says stuff like This is a boilerplate PSA that I have been using for 9 years, I fail to understand why your client wants all these changes other than to be difficult. I think he is dyslexic, really.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NJdad76
10+ Posts

Unread postby BartSimpson » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:08 am

What is the motion?
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby Minerva » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:48 pm

What is the motion for and what could she possibly be requesting off a divorce that can't be more than 18 months old?

What did you put in this email? Short of threats of violence I can't see what warrants a new hearing.
Minerva
100+ Posts

Return to After The Divorce is Final – Moving On