Post divorce relationship

Your divorce and child custody agreements are final, get practical tips for moving on with your life after divorce.

Re: Post divorce relationship

Unread postby steelmark » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:44 am

I think these tales of how the whole "out of the frying pan and into the fire" situations end up can useful to the members.

Had you and the GF invested more time into yourselves at the time of divorce, perhaps you would be better prepared to be in your rather complicated relationship.
Prepare and execute to win by a thousand miles, just to be in position to win by an inch.
steelmark
1K+ Posts

Unread postby steelmark » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:46 am

Fatheroffour wrote:
she decided that perhaps it was best for her and her kids to move out and rent their own home again.

Taken at face value, the answer is definitely yes. You should embrace and encourage her move on her own again.

Can't put that particular toothpaste back into the tube.
Prepare and execute to win by a thousand miles, just to be in position to win by an inch.
steelmark
1K+ Posts

Unread postby MIdadof4 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:32 am

Steel.

In addition to seeking outside perspective on my own complicated relationships with my GF and kids, I also believe there is much we can learn from each other's actions, whether successful or mistakes.
MIdadof4
100+ Posts

Unread postby Data » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:13 pm

I may be out of line posting here. My divorce has just started. I have read so much on this great site I decided to step in to an area I probably should not yet be reading as it is not anywhere near my situation. Imo, there is way too much going on in his life to be able to figure out if 'she's the one'. If he wants to figure out if they should be together, alone time is the best(maybe only) way to figure that out. Kick everybody out or get a 1 bedroom apartment for just them. I think all see where I'm headed with this thinking. I apologize if I've stepped in to a room where my ID is not accepted and I'll bow out if my opinion is deemed unacceptable or out of place.
Data
50+ Posts

Unread postby Chaos » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:22 am

Data, that was solid advice. We aren't experts. We're doing what we can, sharing what we know.

Feel free to offer advice and share what you know.
If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.
Chaos
I ♥ Disco

Unread postby Chasbo » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:55 pm

I don't know if I have advice for you.

But your post makes me want to break up with my girlfriend immediately. Your whole situation sounds like a nightmare. Upset kids, unhappy girlfriend, chronic illness.....Jesus

Personally I'd dump the whole lot of them and find a cabin in the middle of the wilderness and just take my chances.
Chasbo
2.5K+ Posts

Unread postby Havalu7 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:01 am

Did someone say nails?

His opinion is vaunted if He chooses to visit!
”No is a complete sentence” Unknown
Havalu7
1K+ Posts

Previous

Return to After The Divorce is Final – Moving On