Last bombshell for a while I hope.

Your divorce and child custody agreements are final, get practical tips for moving on with your life after divorce.

Re: Last bombshell for a while I hope.

Unread postby massdad1234 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:19 pm

Gives hope for us guys looking to have a little fun in a couple years....what is the formula, half your age plus 7? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

lovingfatherof2 wrote:My ex is banging a dude 20 years older than her and he looks like the real life Shrek. The resemblance is uncanny.

Eh, he will just be another casualty of a hypergamous modern day American female.
massdad1234
500+ Posts

Unread postby lovingfatherof2 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:22 pm

The formula is making a LOT of money. He is loaded, very loaded.
I type butter on mah phon
lovingfatherof2
1K+ Posts

Unread postby hoot74 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:54 pm

"I started replacing the things I lost in the divorce, started house shopping, all was going well."

I went through the phase of purchasing things after divorce. The vast majority of that process was a lot of fun. I even got the kids involved. They picked out crazy beds. We had a blast getting them and putting them together. We also got to paint walls. One of the kids had a blast house shopping with me. For a while, we had to sleep on floors due to a gnome who stole all our stuff (it was my ex!). It was like camping!

It sounds like things are going great for you! Enjoy!
hoot74
1K+ Posts

Unread postby tacticalhammer » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:59 pm

I'm still working on the healing, like I said the ink isn't even dry yet. I do find in funny that when I heard it was final by my lawyer I actually felt relief to move on with my life. money started coming back in, started living life. I know I have to retrain my focus, hence why I made the counseling appointment.

currently the ex and I are arguing over swim lessons. she tried to cut me out, didn't ask about it, just did it. and of course on a day I never have with my daughter so I couldn't be included. sounds small but I would like to be involved. at least ask.

luckily I Negan that < feces > and shut that < feces > down lol. got lessons that will include the both of us via a discussion.

I just find in funny she constantly throws the word "Co-Parent" around but then doesn't follow the parenting plan and doesn't communicate anything.

luckily I'm starting to look at things if they were on the other foot and trying to communicate and do what's best for our daughter. also cover my < hindquarters >.

thanks guys
tacticalhammer
100+ Posts

Unread postby afc » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:03 pm

I know this is tough but she's right about the swim lessons. You and she are NOT a unit when it comes to parenting. Not anymore. If the lessons are on her time, paid for by her, then....you NEED to start not feeling entitled to that time/experience.

Find some lessons or something on your time. Make your own time with your daughter.
afc
5K+ Posts

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:12 pm

Ink dries pretty quick.
Fatheroffour

Unread postby tacticalhammer » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:29 pm

I'm well aware we are not a unit, but she's the one insisting that we be one. however as I've previously stated I know what her idea of co-parenting is:

"she does as she wants. I have to ask permission."

I really do want to do the swim lessons with my daughter. so we each have our own days, paid for separately. its a compromise but we are both involved.

I am getting tiered of hearing the word Co-parent. practice what you preach women!
tacticalhammer
100+ Posts

Unread postby massdad1234 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:56 pm

quick - try and remember something you did before you were in 2nd grade. How many memories do you have?

Your kid is what, 3? You keep missing the point, the ex has you wired tight and you fall into the trap every time. You believe this women, who cheated on you and then remarried quickly, but now she is going to be honest and up front?

You really can't let it go, you need to get into therapy and put in the work. You are your own worst enemy. You have what you wanted, a quick divorce and yet you constantly try and talk things out like you are spouses. If she schedules something on her time, it is none of your business. Unless it is something you can show up publically too, like sports events or school events, get over yourself. You are trying to insert yourself back into her life and using the kid as a pawn is what it looks like to me.

Fix yourself, otherwise you will be doing the same thing expecting different results. You have been told over and over and over. Noticed how proud of yourself you were that you thought you "got over" on her? GROW UP
massdad1234
500+ Posts

Unread postby ForumVenter 1 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:10 pm

Not that you probably wish ill will on her but a while back on this Forum, there was discussion on the re-marriage topic. The chances of 2nd and 3rd marriages ending in divorce were staggering. And even greater odds when that next marriage is within a year of their previous divorce.

Let her do what she is going to do. There is no stopping her actions. As the mother, she has a sense of greater entitlement as a parent. Don't let that get to you. Be a great dad! And remember, she is Daddy's little girl.
OH - Residential parent of D after a long distance move by Ex. If your child(ren) aren't a priority, you will have no chance at gaining custody.
ForumVenter 1
500+ Posts

Unread postby lovingfatherof2 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:24 pm

First marriages are like playing Russian roulette with 3 rounds in the chamber.
2nd marriage 4 rounds.
3rd marriage 5 rounds.
4th marriage, you aren't playing Russian roulette anymore, it's just called suicide.
I type butter on mah phon
lovingfatherof2
1K+ Posts

PreviousNext

Return to After The Divorce is Final – Moving On