KEEPING THE KIDS (AND ME!) ORGANIZED

Your divorce and child custody agreements are final, get practical tips for moving on with your life after divorce.

KEEPING THE KIDS (AND ME!) ORGANIZED

Unread postby Gottagetbetter » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:54 pm

Gents, My ex is not cooperating with a digital calendar for us to best co-parent with 2 kids (12 and 13). I'm really busy at work and with kids in sports and school events the best option I can find is a wall calendar in the kitchen. I taped an envelope on it for kids to put school papers etc...and encourage them to write on the calendar. (BTW, all the Academic Wall Calendars I see on Amazon are for "busy moms" complete with pastel colors and flowers - NO THANKS.)

If anyone has better ideas and what works I am all ears!!

Thanks so much.
Gottagetbetter
New

Re: KEEPING THE KIDS (AND ME!) ORGANIZED

Unread postby steelmark » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:05 pm

I bought 2 dry erase blank calendars so I display 60 days of the kids schedules at a time.

The ones I bought are decals, I mounted them on 1/4" board and they hang on hooks so I can take them down to write on them.

Item: Wall Pops WPE0981 Black Dry Erase Calendar Decal. They are "dad friendly", no unicorns or skittles.

Additionally, I use a shared Google calendar as the master calendar, per my decree.
Prepare and execute to win by a thousand miles, just to be in position to win by an inch.
steelmark
1K+ Posts

Unread postby BartSimpson » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:20 pm

Hello,

Why are you YELLING at us? No need to SHOUT.

How long have you been divorced?
It's not clear, you expect the kids to keep the calendar up to date and the mother to use something like Google?

Also, what State do you reside in?
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby Gottagetbetter » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:30 pm

steelmark wrote:I bought 2 dry erase blank calendars so I display 60 days of the kids schedules at a time.

The ones I bought are decals, I mounted them on 1/4" board and they hang on hooks so I can take them down to write on them.

Item: Wall Pops WPE0981 Black Dry Erase Calendar Decal. They are "dad friendly", no unicorns or skittles.

Additionally, I use a shared Google calendar as the master calendar, per my decree.

GREAT OPTION! Thanks so much Steelmark for the useful response to my inquiry!
Gottagetbetter
New

Return to After The Divorce is Final – Moving On