Post divorce dating

Your divorce and child custody agreements are final, get practical tips for moving on with your life after divorce.

Re: Post divorce dating

Unread postby Outis » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:28 pm

I hate YMMV. Most people think they're always the exception.
What am I to do with all this silence
Shy away, shy away phantom
Run away terrified child
Outis
5K+ Posts

Re: Post divorce dating

Unread postby kamoto » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:04 pm

steelmark wrote:The live conversations are where most guys go vs a sticky.

True that YMMV, but it's more common that guys lose sight of what's truly important during and after divorce because of dating.

The feedback on this thread while not necessarily pertinent to you will probably save dozens of other guys butts.

The feedback on this matter here will always be to hold off on dating because far more often than not, dad's crash and burn with the one and only shot they get with their kids.

So maybe we can't help you, or you don't need it, but this advice will help someone.

Excellent statements. Divorced 7 years now. My ex has introduced two men to her children, and hasn't married one of them yet. I on the other hand consumed myself with my work, raising the children as best I can while having 50/50 custody. For my daughter, this has paid significant dividends. She has no "Daddy" issues, doesn't act out, and doesn't seek to punish me for anything. She is in college now, and I pay 100% of this very expensive goal of hers. My daughters relationship with her mother suffered due to the push to accept the boyfriends. My daughter has never met anyone I've dated over the years. Not sure why guys can't date around, have fun, but keep their focus on their jobs and kids. It has immense payback. Each of us has different life experiences. I'm glad that I wasn't married until I was 32, and I had enough time to have fun with plenty of women before marriage. I enjoy most of my alone time these days, and I've learned to garden, cook, read, perform home improvements, etc. The weekends actually fly by when I'm alone, and I never have enough down time for just me. Have interests outside of the devilish charms of a woman
kamoto
10+ Posts

Previous

Return to After The Divorce is Final – Moving On