Post divorce dating

Your divorce and child custody agreements are final, get practical tips for moving on with your life after divorce.

Re: Post divorce dating

Unread postby Trevor » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:56 am

That's not what Fo4 wrote.
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Unread postby lovingfatherof2 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:12 pm

That path.
the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it
lovingfatherof2
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Chaos » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:43 am

ragnar wrote:Ya, I'll post this here.

I've been separated about 15 months. About a month away from signing paper work. So two months till the final decree.

I'm sick of being alone. I'm going on a date this Sunday!

I'll reassess after the date if I am truly ready for "dating". Sorry but I have every right to be happy during "me time". I've compartmentalized my life into divorce/kids/work/life and when it comes to life I feel free to do what I want. And the divorce part is almost over.

* Coughbullshitcough*

You do you boo boo. You're gonna be like the smartest dude ever after your next divorce. It'll be super helpful for the new guys.

Those that can't do, teach.
If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.
Chaos
2.5K+ Posts

Unread postby Mock Turtle » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:20 am

What kind of woman would date a man who can't be happy without her?

Hint: Rhymes with "editor".
γού καvνοτ βε ας ςτοοpid ας Ι αm ηνλεςς γού Ηαvε βεεη ας ςmαρτ ας Ι ψας.
Mock Turtle
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:37 am

"I deserve to be happy, I'm looking for dates" is a pretty pathetic perspective to most normal, healthy people.

Whats your issue Ragnar? Are you lonely? Do you want to recreate that bonded feeling you had when you were happily married? Are you just looking for sexual release?

Have you gone on the hill for some introspection on what is actually missing from your life that you need to go out on a date to find happiness?

The answer to the question is really something you need to wrestle with so that you dont put yourself in a difficult situation before youre mentally ready to handle it.
Fatheroffour

Unread postby hawk101 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:10 pm

Chaos wrote:
ragnar wrote:Ya, I'll post this here.

I've been separated about 15 months. About a month away from signing paper work. So two months till the final decree.

I'm sick of being alone. I'm going on a date this Sunday!

I'll reassess after the date if I am truly ready for "dating". Sorry but I have every right to be happy during "me time". I've compartmentalized my life into divorce/kids/work/life and when it comes to life I feel free to do what I want. And the divorce part is almost over.

* Coughbullshitcough*

You do you boo boo. You're gonna be like the smartest dude ever after your next divorce. It'll be super helpful for the new guys.

Those that can't do, teach.

No need to apologize man you have every right. Everyones different anyway and God knows most of the women don't waste any time.
How long were you married ?
hawk101
10+ Posts

Unread postby hawk101 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:34 pm

5 yrs for me. nearly 3 since the divorce.

in the first 2 l was too upset to bother with other women and l needed to recover as best l could first
At about 2 1/2 , l stuck my nose in a date site,talked to a lot of women but only bothered meeting 3. The standard of women in there , lack of more like it, was shocking. But the 3 l did go and meet were the pick of the crop and seemed like great girls. However still not anyone l'd normally go for.

At about 3yrs , l accidentally met gf in a forum l was in .
Now that was more like it and it was really the most incredible thing l've ever had , even ex w or any gf's before , ever, and yeah , we were in love, pretty well instantly.
But sadly after 19mths together , there are other hurdles we just can;t solve and so just recently we'd decided dpn;t really have a choice but to let it go .

So , it looks like l'm a single man again , but l'l never forget her as long as l live, and although l have to now deal with more pain , l think l'm grateful it all happened none the less.

Personally , l think that's the thing about when to get back on the horse.
If it goes wrong , are you healed enough to cope with it.
hawk101
10+ Posts

Unread postby Broken Machine » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:10 pm

Not going to lie. I have thought about it. But I am too busy with finding a routine with my kids. I am busy with providing them with daycare, helping with schoolwork, making the finances work, and then there is my job, etc. There just isn't time of any dating. And I'm not complaining. My focus is on my kids and making the 50/50 parenting time work. I CAN NOT fail this. Hell, probably after I figure all this out, it might be that "one year waiting period" I have read about on here.

The most it enters my mind is just another thing to have a goal for after all of this. My vision/goal is to have 50/50 parenting time, having it work, having all contingency plans made and prepped, balanced budget, and most importantly being the best dad I can be. If there is another lady in my life for me, that is great. But if not, that is also ok.

But I won't even go on a one time date or even a drink type thing until my divorce is finalized. Not because my STBX deserves my loyalty. But I have to finish this with honor and the right way.
Broken Machine
50+ Posts

Unread postby Havalu7 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:21 pm

The consensus of the Forum is to wait a year. ..

Of course some may get lucky but I would not suggest you go hiking with Rag and his new date in the mountains of Scottsdale when the temp is over 120 degrees.

Smartaleck wsy of saying ignore the strategy and hints of the forum and its consensus at your own peril. These guys and auxiliary are suggesting these norms and guideline based on YEARS of seeing men fail when jumping into a frying pan when the one they jumped out of is not cooled off yet.

Make sense OP and newbies?

It's like the strongest suggestion that you retain a male attorney based on the forum's collective experience and reviewing others input. I got very lucky and had a ball crushing female counsel who, unlike the Atty shown on the humourous thread on Comedy Central, that jugdges did not dislike before you even stepped in the courtroom.

Once again more goood guidance from the forum; go watch the counsel in court, observe some different Atty's in action, see how the process works.

Or you and Rag could just take your new dates and hike the Rim at 150 degrees :roll:
”No.” is a complete sentence.

Do not move out of your house.
Havalu7
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Trevor » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:24 pm

Havalu7 wrote:Or you and Rag could just take your new dates and hike the Rim at 150 degrees :roll:

Please no homoerotica from Arizona, we've had enough from your former sheriff and his orange buddy in Washington. Rims that are 150 degrees indeed.
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

PreviousNext

Return to After The Divorce is Final – Moving On