Ex is pregnant now

Your divorce and child custody agreements are final, get practical tips for moving on with your life after divorce.

Ex is pregnant now

Unread postby letgoandletgod » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:31 pm

Well, a lot has happened in a short amount of time. Been divorced since March of last year. Ex is pregnant now.
She says S7 (we have joint physical and legal) is happy about it.
What is to be expected? Anyone go through this? Thanks.
letgoandletgod
100+ Posts

Re: Ex is pregnant now

Unread postby Havalu7 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:18 am

Wow brother. Hang in there.
Will be lifting you and your son up!
”No is a complete sentence” Unknown
Havalu7
1K+ Posts

Unread postby letgoandletgod » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:42 am

Thanks brother, all will be good on my side, no matter what will change with mom he's always going to have stability here.
letgoandletgod
100+ Posts

Unread postby FlyGuySLO » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:48 am

letgoandletgod,

Where are you personally on this? Are you happy you are divorced, or did you want to stay married? How are you doing in life in general?

I know it's tough but in order to move forward and truly find happiness, we need to leave the past behind. And one aspect of this is severing your emotional relationship with your ex and considering and reading to her actions no differently than you would a casual acquaintance. I know this is easier said than done, but look at it this way;

We all carry baggage in life, but there's no sense in carrying suitcases filled with clothes that no longer fit you. Let go of those and continue on your journey. Travel light and you'll go much farther.
FlyGuySLO
100+ Posts

Unread postby Phoenix853 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:59 am

Letgo,

Woooo hoooo, got out in the nick of time. Thank goodness it didn't happen on your watch and you have a little distance between you and EX.

This could turn out to be a godsend. You may end up with more time with your child due to the new baby. She will be preoccupied with new baby and not with your issues. This isn't your problem to handle and now she will be someone else problem.

Just be thankful your not on the receiving end. Personally I think this will be a good thing for you. She is still taking up space in your head and that's a problem.
Phoenix
Phoenix853
1K+ Posts

Unread postby letgoandletgod » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:40 pm

FlyGuySLO wrote:Where are you personally on this? Are you happy you are divorced, or did you want to stay married? How are you doing in life in general?

Thanks for the advice, initially I didn't want the divorce or separation but at this point I'm ok with it. I have for the most part gotten over what we had together and just want to live my own life now free of relationship problems and focus on me and my son. I got a bit emotional after hearing the news, not because I want another child with her or anything, but it brought up some memory of the pregnancy with our son. I'm getting a lot of help moving forward in my life and I'm taking care of my emotional and spiritual well-being so I'd say I've come a long ways in dealing with the trauma of the divorce. I'm slowly getting back into things I used to enjoy and being more optimistic. I guess the pregnancy doesn't bother me too much, there's just a slight feeling in there somewhere but nothing huge. I'm more wondering where does this take us as co-parents.

Phoenix853 wrote:Woooo hoooo, got out in the nick of time.

lol I heard that wooo hooo in my head as I read that. She has always been one to work into things very fast. I sure hope I could get any extra time through this. She is definitely going to have a full plate, her new bf is very young as well, just turned of drinking age, so it will be something new for him as well. It got to me a little last night but I'm ok now. It's going to be weird seeing another baby come out of her, just odd, not sure how to explain it.
S7 seems happy to have a sibling on the way, mother surely is hyping it up, so well, I guess if he's happy then that's a plus.
Hope she doesn't get postpartum again. She nearly died giving birth to s7 and I wouldn't wish anything like that onto her, I hope it goes well, in all honesty.
letgoandletgod
100+ Posts

Unread postby Phoenix853 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:20 pm

It's totally understandable your feelings of her having a baby with the Captain.

Your not going to see any baby come from her woohoo. She'll be up to eyeballs in feedings and diapers for both child and Captain. I'm sure he's sharting in them now.

This is an opportunity for you and your son to get close and spend lots of quality time together after the initial baby comes home. The newness of a new baby will pass and your son will feel as though he's in the back seat. This will be your opportunity to create a stronger bond your son.

Congratulations. The gun is now pointed in another direction. Enjoy the show and happy bonding time with you and your son.
Phoenix
Phoenix853
1K+ Posts

Unread postby letgoandletgod » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:48 pm

Yes that's definitely a good perspective to take.
I remember how rough those first few months were, waking up every 2 hours. Boy I don't miss doing that stuff.
I will definitely be his constant source of support and make sure our bond only strengthens through it all. Thank you for that insight.
letgoandletgod
100+ Posts

Unread postby letgoandletgod » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:12 pm

She's getting married. :roll:
letgoandletgod
100+ Posts

Unread postby gamingdad » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:59 pm

Spousal support being terminated?
Stay on top of that, you follow through, don't put it on her to cancel.
READ YOUR PAPERWORK BEFORE SIGNING! IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, ASK!
gamingdad
500+ Posts

Next

Return to After The Divorce is Final – Moving On