Mother use Social Media and Kids to Harrass

Your divorce and child custody agreements are final, get practical tips for moving on with your life after divorce.

Mother use Social Media and Kids to Harrass

Unread postby hferreiras » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:10 pm

I have two children in common with my ex, boy (9) and girl(10). We divorce 3 years ago, right after i used to pickup the children weekends. But after i started dating she (mother) gave me hard time, things like: telling where to take the kids and where not to and so on. I told her let create an schedule and agreement and she refuse.
I took her to court thinking that court would help. First day in court she told me i don't understand why we here court is not going to help you.

Now two years later from the first court date. We still in court probably next court date will be last. But ever since we in court, she prevent me from seen or speaking with kids, making false allegation and using the kids social media to insult me. Things like: Daddy we don't love you. Your are not a good dad. I understand i can easily block as i have on Instagram and left Facebook unblock in case they want to communicate with me one day. I completely ignore her messages coming from social media. Now the question is: whats is best advice anyone can give me on how to handle this situation.
hferreiras
New

Re: Mother use Social Media and Kids to Harrass

Unread postby Outis » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:13 pm

What was your parenting plan at the time of divorce?
What are you currently going to court for?
Your post implies you haven't seen or talked to the kids in 2 years. Is that correct?
What am I to do with all this silence
Shy away, shy away phantom
Run away terrified child
Outis
5K+ Posts

Unread postby Tom Kirkpatrick » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:20 pm

hferreiras wrote:I have two children in common with my ex, boy (9) and girl(10). We divorce 3 years ago, right after i used to pickup the children weekends. But after i started dating she (mother) gave me hard time, things like: telling where to take the kids and where not to and so on. I told her let create an schedule and agreement and she refuse.
I took her to court thinking that court would help. First day in court she told me i don't understand why we here court is not going to help you.

Now two years later from the first court date. We still in court probably next court date will be last. But ever since we in court, she prevent me from seen or speaking with kids, making false allegation and using the kids social media to insult me. Things like: Daddy we don't love you. Your are not a good dad. I understand i can easily block as i have on Instagram and left Facebook unblock in case they want to communicate with me one day. I completely ignore her messages coming from social media. Now the question is: whats is best advice anyone can give me on how to handle this situation.
Absolutely no dating until divorce is finalized. A full year after divorce would be better. NJ wants to see you suffer.

Get off social media. Close all accounts.

Tom
Everyone is entitled to my opinion. - Maxine™
Tom Kirkpatrick
5K+ Posts

Unread postby hferreiras » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:27 pm

What was your parenting plan at the time of divorce?
------we're never legally married, just living together for 17 years. So no parenting plan beside verbally seen the kids weekends.
What are you currently going to court for?
-------- Going for custody and < parenting time >
Your post implies you haven't seen or talked to the kids in 2 years. Is that correct?
------ since i filed in court for < parenting time > there has been few order < parenting time > but mother has violated 60-70 percent of the time and last order 6 month ago kids were home with me and mother call then come out and call police and file a police report saying that i left kids unattended.
hferreiras
New

Unread postby hferreiras » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:36 pm

Thank you TOM.
No divorce preceding, Yes i was single for over a year and my kids met my girlfriend 3 times in 2 years. I took it slow and introduce her slowly.
hferreiras
New

Unread postby Outis » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:50 pm

You used the word divorce. Separated. English isn't your first language? It's OK, just helps to understand when we know.

Are you working with an attorney?
What am I to do with all this silence
Shy away, shy away phantom
Run away terrified child
Outis
5K+ Posts

Unread postby hferreiras » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:03 pm

NO you right English is not my first language but i knew i used the word divorce intead separated for a reason.

Yes Im working with an attorney but im not sure is he know what hes doing. His opining is way different from everyone else. I tell i read it on a book or online he tell me that's not how it work.
I gave up what ever happen happen if i get to see my kids one month with fine with me at this point. I believe the system is not a good way to go.
hferreiras
New

Unread postby Tom Kirkpatrick » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:21 am

hferreiras wrote:.....no parenting plan beside verbally.....
Then you have nothing. You need to establish paternity thru proper channels, namely family court. Are you willing to do that?? Do you realize what's involved??

Tom
Everyone is entitled to my opinion. - Maxine™
Tom Kirkpatrick
5K+ Posts

Unread postby FlyGuySLO » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:01 pm

Tom is correct. Your attorney should immediately and aggressively pursue a court order for 50/50 custody. You are going to have to play catch up here because there is now a Status Quo (meaning an existing plan) and the court will likely take this into consideration if it gets that far.

The object here is to come on so strong that your ex chooses not to fight because she sees that it will cost her thousands of dollars and you will not stop until you get what you want.

You need to start to look at your situation and build your case.

Is there any issue your wife could raise with regard to your behavior and fitness as a parent? (Domestic violence, drugs, drinking problem, etc.)

You're in for quite a fight. Good luck and keep coming back.
FlyGuySLO
100+ Posts

Unread postby hferreiras » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:31 pm

I dont want to say anyone is wrong but Im in New york, Looks like things are diferent, she gets a free lawyer. I have to pay. i have a lot evidence against, like she doesn't take kids to school, she smoke weed in from of then, she aliniate then against me and the lawyer says that's not important.

No I don't do drugs, I'm not violent(mother is violent) ironic. No problem at all. But in the eyes of the judge i a horrible person. I let my children walk out the house, I hit then according to mother false allegation.
hferreiras
New

Next

Return to After The Divorce is Final – Moving On