Perjury during trial

Your divorce and child custody agreements are final, get practical tips for moving on with your life after divorce.

Perjury during trial

Unread postby enoughalready » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:13 pm

Hello,

If NJ lied on the stand during a trial regarding the sale of a property, can she be charged with perjury? Not to mention how many times she's lied on submitted court documents.

I realize this isn't a lot of information, but let me know what information is needed.

Thanks.
enoughalready
10+ Posts

Re: Perjury during trial

Unread postby Havalu7 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:18 pm

What type of documented proof do you have?

What did your attorney do or say if are paying for counsel?

If you had proof did you or your counsel object or counter during trial?

Something not adding up and watching the game so not going to review your posts.

Also not going to do a simple search to see if you have used your user name on other sites and forums (hint hint). Don't do that if you did?

More details please OP.
Last edited by Havalu7 on Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
”No is a complete sentence” Unknown
Havalu7
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Outis » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:19 pm

Depends.

What impact does the lie have? What's your proposed remedy?
What am I to do with all this silence
Shy away, shy away phantom
Run away terrified child
Outis
5K+ Posts

Unread postby enoughalready » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:24 pm

In terms of documents, the sale of the property agreement versus her testimony. My former lawyer took more of a defensive approach and didn't provide much input. I can no longer afford counsel at this time... :-/

The preferred outcome would be slowing NJ's passion of continuing to take me to court 4-5 times a year over the past 4 years.
enoughalready
10+ Posts

Unread postby Outis » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:26 pm

Seems there are better ways to accomplish that goal.

What's the issue? Why all the court stuff?
Run away terrified child
Outis
5K+ Posts

Unread postby Havalu7 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:30 pm

How much value is at risk should help you decide if you can afford counsel?

Check with your employee benefits as most provide an free hour legal consult and one second opinion.
Sounds like you need to get more strategy here if you provide more details.

Do an cost benefit analysis (CBA) on whether or not it's worth getting counsel. Are there any flat fee attorneys in your area?

Check with our forums facilitator Cordell and Cordell.

Sorry Outis not trying to step on ya as I see you posted too as I typed.
Havalu7
1K+ Posts

Unread postby enoughalready » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:35 pm

Sorry, just saw the rest of your post with questions.

My attorney at the time wasn't a very good trial lawyer, imo. Most of the time she represented me, she didn't show any offense no matter how many "looks" I gave her.

It's a long story, I'll try to keep it short. We had two properties that we split. One a rental (NJ got that) and the other we lived in that I got. NJ took me to trial to try to force the sale of my residence since I've been unable to refinance and get her name off the loan due to the market and the modification on the loan.

NJ's argument was that her credit is ruined and she can't purchase anything due to my home loan being in her name. A few years ago, she purchased a new home and furniture while she still had the rental property. So she was able to purchase a new home with the rental property and my home loan in her name. She ended up selling the rental about a year ago later after her new home purchase and that's when NJ lawyered up (with the profits from the rental) and started taking me to court.

When my lawyer asked her on the stand if she purchased her new property prior to selling the rental house, NJ said NO (just re-read that, sorry).
Last edited by enoughalready on Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
enoughalready
10+ Posts

Unread postby lovingfatherof2 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:37 pm

People don't get charged for perjury in civil cases, hell they barely do in criminal cases.

So what is she dragging you to court for all the time?
the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it
lovingfatherof2
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Outis » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:37 pm

Taking you to court for what? That's what you want stopped, so the sale of the house or whatever seems to be a moot point.

Why is she taking you to court?
Run away terrified child
Outis
5K+ Posts

Unread postby Havalu7 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:39 pm

Um you might not know that using the NJ term here may exclude some contributions by members here whom think that using that term might be more an indication of your spousal selection than of her actual demeanor. Just saying.

Why is she a NJ as a side note of curiosity and to help give some additional indicators of YOUR part of the equation and situation?
Havalu7
1K+ Posts

Next

Return to After The Divorce is Final – Moving On