Order of Protection post divorce

Your divorce and child custody agreements are final, get practical tips for moving on with your life after divorce.

Order of Protection post divorce

Unread postby visionelite » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:57 pm

I received an OOP against me that not only covered ex but kids as well. Devastated by my stupidity.

She claimed I harassed her with near daily emails. The emails were professional never profane, e.g. 'you breached section 9 article 4 of our agreement by removing the kids from school on my custodial time, etc. cease and desist'. She would consistently respond stop harassing me. I would respond what are you taking about, blah blah blah.

But where she got me is she showed up at a weekend soccer practice unannounced of D6 on my custodial day. didnt say anything till she was gone and kids were in car. packed up, secured kids, went out of car and made a phone call to her and told her she is a f*t p-g and should go f herself.

Next day i was delivered an oop from the sheriff.

Hearing two weeks. I had joint and half time.

How does one reset from this??
visionelite
10+ Posts

Re: Order of Protection post divorce

Unread postby BartSimpson » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:00 pm

Hello,

Children are not property. Your post indicates you think otherwise, and we need to fix that.

What was the parenting plan before - how often did you see your children?
What State do you reside in?
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby Started Over » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:01 pm

What does the OOP say? Is it an anti-harassment order? Or is it a physical protection order?
People who live their lives watching only the rearview mirror tend to crash their cars. - Trevor
Started Over
500+ Posts

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:10 pm

You did that because she came to a practice?

Don't violate the order, for sure.
Fatheroffour

Unread postby visionelite » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:11 pm

parenting before is 50/50, joint legal. NYS, D6, D12

it is an oop physical.

it also claimed endangerment as there is a false allegation in there- i told ex not to give daughter laxatives at request of dr to alleviate constipation. supposedly the constipation if not cured could have led to surgery, endangering life. cant make this up.
visionelite
10+ Posts

Unread postby afc » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:25 pm

Why did you feel you had the right to ban her from attending her child's soccer practice?

And why do you feel entitled to dictate how she treats a common ailment in her child?
afc
5K+ Posts

Unread postby visionelite » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:28 pm

Other than the mistakes I clearly made- due to the animosity I have toward her- what is the next best steps forward?
I understand my role in this and realize in this police state I can not look at her cross.
do i fight point by point and refute with a certification?
or just appear and let the judge decide?
thanks
visionelite
10+ Posts

Unread postby afc » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:34 pm

You should get a lawyer and have him advise you on this. But regardless, you need to keep your temper in check. It will backfire on you even worse if you don't.
afc
5K+ Posts

Unread postby Chaos » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:40 pm

afc wrote:Why did you feel you had the right to ban her from attending her child's soccer practice?

And why do you feel entitled to dictate how she treats a common ailment in her child?

I'm curious about these as well.
If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.
Chaos
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Started Over » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:18 pm

You'll have to focus on beating this OOP. To do that you need an attorney. Maybe suggest to your attorney you'll agree to an anti-harassment order and even take a co-parenting class if she'll drop it. Suggest Our Family Wizard for future communication between you two about the kids.

If you're successful at getting it dropped and go back to 50/50 time, you need to know/do a few things.

One: She's allowed to visit the kids at school or at their practices regardless whether that falls on your parenting time. You do not have any right at all to limit that access.
Two: You have no right to control what she does with the kids on her parenting time. Do not send her emails or texts or call her to criticize what she does.
Three: I think you need to start back at step 1. No conflict for at least one year. Learn DGAF. Get over your need to control.
Four: Get into therapy to resolve your anger at her.
People who live their lives watching only the rearview mirror tend to crash their cars. - Trevor
Started Over
500+ Posts

Next

Return to After The Divorce is Final – Moving On