Order of Protection post divorce

Your divorce and child custody agreements are final, get practical tips for moving on with your life after divorce.

Re: Order of Protection post divorce

Unread postby Trevor » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:59 pm

I will reiterate that EI is certainly something you can develop. Some of the authors I listed before have books that provide exercises and experiments for you to cultivate changed, productive behaviors. It's not like being able to dunk a basketball, or not. You can do this.
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Unread postby visionelite » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:56 pm

I am being advised by my lawyer to settle my case as the forensic recommends ex receive custody with me a visiting parent.

To say the least I am stunned and not sure where to go next with my case. If I settle I most likely will never have my oldest d back, and the youngest maybe a few times a week. I will pay max cs.

I feel I followed every rule and requirement since I had this top against me, no allegations proven, and yet nothing I do or say seems to make a difference in my case. Bottom line my oldest wants to stay with her mom, and there is nothing i can do about it.

Do i go to trial? I am told by my attorney it is my call but that i will most likely lose. It seems to late to switch attorneys and will look poorly.

Never thought this could happen...
visionelite
10+ Posts

Unread postby visionelite » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:02 am

I hope this forum can advise me now that I am a bit farther down the road on this case. I figure continuing this thread might be illustrative to others rather than starting a new one.

At this point, I had a psych eval that rec the mother receive full custody and me a visiting parent. Supervised visits until the court afcs feel it should be lifted. My oldest daughter (d12) does not want to come back nor will see me. I have been ordered to pay cs. My attorney advised the judge almost always agrees with the psych eval. I have attempted to settle providing her full custody with return of 50/50 of my youngest daughter (d7) who wishes to be with me. They refuse to even negotiate, sit down or communicate until i echo exactly what is in the psych eval.

At this point I have a evidentiary hearing (trial) set. I see no other recourse but to plead this all before the judge. Yet my own attorney advises that it will cost 1000s for nothing other than what is stated in the eval. They have amended their petition with more unfounded accusations and maligning of my character. They also want to extend this order of protection against me when there have been no changes in circumstances. Is there ever personal injury recourse in these matters or is it just a consideration of family court that whatever is said about you goes unpunished?

Any help appreciated.
visionelite
10+ Posts

Unread postby a dad » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:39 am

There aren't only two possibilities.

The world isn't black and white.
a dad

Previous

Return to After The Divorce is Final – Moving On