State Child Support Collection

Your divorce and child custody agreements are final, get practical tips for moving on with your life after divorce.

State Child Support Collection

Unread postby lukesdad1 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:55 am

S10's mom is currently in rehab. The judge has suspended her monthly CS payments of $500 for six months. She's currently in arrears for a little over $1000. I'm going to file with state CS collection services next week. Can someone give me some insight into how this works? If she files for a CS modification, will a county DA represent me? She's supposed to pay 50% of medical expenses (not health insurance, that's me). Will they collect that? Is their federal funding dependent on their collections? Not sure how state-specific this is, but we're in Alabama.
50+ Posts
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:18 am

Return to After The Divorce is Final – Moving On

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 8 guests