Moving to another state, what to negotiate?

Your divorce and child custody agreements are final, get practical tips for moving on with your life after divorce.

Re: Moving to another state, what to negotiate?

Postby Anza » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:58 pm

From my digging about on the topic....normal would be the parent changing the status quo "YOU", would be responsible for maintaining it. In your situation that would translate to you transporting or paying to transport your daughter to whatever exchange location has been the norm.

Of course don't mention this to nj, but be aware that if push comes to shove it will most likely end up as such.
As the initiator of the move and in the spirit of cooperation I might offer additional < parenting time > equal to or slightly rounded up from the additional travel time.
Anza
50+ Posts

Postby nighthawk » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:00 pm

I don't have the same circumstances, the court ordered mine to travel to here to pick up and drop off, but I do meet half way, because I know she can't afford to do all the traveling, and my child needs to see her mom for now.
"I'll never give up trying to help my little girl!!"
nighthawk
1K+ Posts

Postby namechange » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:24 am

Do not give her and her hubby a cent. I bet she is regretting her divorce from you haha.
namechange
New

Postby newwife » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:40 pm

Well, since they are both unemployed you have an advantage. They will be too lazy/too broke to do anything in court.
Also, even doing the halfway meetup every other week will probably be too much work for her.
Give them as little as you can now. You can always be generous later-on your terms.
newwife
500+ Posts

Return to After The Divorce is Final – Moving On