how to stop this??

Your divorce and child custody agreements are final, get practical tips for moving on with your life after divorce.

how to stop this??

Postby dadtrying » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:14 am

My nj is driving me nuts!!!

On Wed's night I pick D6 up at 5:00 and take her to school the next day. The nj will start calling about 7:30pm because she wants to tell D6 good night. In the decree it does say that the other parent can make one phone call a day when the other parent has D6. And the other parent will return the call with in a 4 hour period.

She will call and call and call oh and text also. She has called and texted 8 times in 5 mins. Last Wed. This is not a one time thing, it's every time I have D6

I finnaly answered her call and told nj. She is taking a bath and we didnt hear the phone if D6 wants to call you back she will. I also texted her and told her to stop and tossed in what the decree says and told her she is harrassing me. She still does it. I mean come on nj cant be away from D6 for a couple of hours with out talking to her???

Is there anything I can do about this? I have been saving all the call logs and text's. I am tempted to take her to court on contempt for this because its getting out of hand.
dadtrying
10+ Posts

Re: how to stop this??

Postby Trevor » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:21 am

Why not just take the first call and then switch off the phone?
Dual Parenting, not Duel Parenting.
Trevor

Postby Fatheroffour » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:04 am

That does look to be the easiest and cheapest solution.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”― Mark Twain

Patiently waiting for 2025.
Fatheroffour

Postby dadtrying » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:22 am

Trevor wrote:Why not just take the first call and then switch off the phone?

Some times I dont even hear it ring. I always tell her that I will have D6 call before bed if she wants. 9/10 she dosent want to call her mom.
dadtrying
10+ Posts

Postby Trevor » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:31 am

The kid is six years old. You need to be making sure she calls her mother, whether you or the kid likes it or not. You are asking for trouble, bro. Putting that decision in the child's hands in what happens to us Dads all the time, and from our perspective, it's a form of alienation. Don't do it. One five-minute phone call every day is a low premium for a NJ insurance policy.
Dual Parenting, not Duel Parenting.
Trevor

Postby dadtrying » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:48 pm

Trevor wrote:The kid is six years old. You need to be making sure she calls her mother, whether you or the kid likes it or not. You are asking for trouble, bro. Putting that decision in the child's hands in what happens to us Dads all the time, and from our perspective, it's a form of alienation. Don't do it. One five-minute phone call every day is a low premium for a NJ insurance policy.

So when I call to talk to D6 and she NEVER lets her return my calls, it's ok?? As far as alienation, guess it would be her word aginst mine.

I dont force my D6 to do anything. I ask if she wants to call. If she says no because were either playing or shes playing with friends. Then I am not going to force her.
dadtrying
10+ Posts

Postby Fatheroffour » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:54 pm

Never force her?

Ever?

So she runs the show in your home?

That sounds unhealthy.

You may want to hone your argument. That's not the kind you want to go to court on.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”― Mark Twain

Patiently waiting for 2025.
Fatheroffour

Postby defaultuser » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:36 pm

Find a silent ring tone and put your X's phone number for that ring tone. That way, when real people call you, you'll hear the phone, and the X can call 19 times in a row and you won't be the wiser, which will help your sanity.

You should have your kid talk to her mother. "Hey kiddo, come talk to your mom for a minute" Then dial the phone and hand it to her. Even if, and especially if the NJ does not return the favor. Its not for you or the X, its for your kid. If you engage in that tit for tat, you're no better than a NJ.
The List
Read it.
defaultuser

Postby dadtrying » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:52 pm

defaultuser wrote:Find a silent ring tone and put your X's phone number for that ring tone. That way, when real people call you, you'll hear the phone, and the X can call 19 times in a row and you won't be the wiser, which will help your sanity.

You should have your kid talk to her mother. "Hey kiddo, come talk to your mom for a minute" Then dial the phone and hand it to her. Even if, and especially if the NJ does not return the favor. Its not for you or the X, its for your kid. If you engage in that tit for tat, you're no better than a NJ.

I totaly agree, I dont like the tit for tat either and it's hard not to get sucked into it. I just did the special ring for her number.
dadtrying
10+ Posts

Postby dadtrying » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:58 pm

Fatheroffour wrote:Never force her?

Ever?

So she runs the show in your home?

That sounds unhealthy.

You may want to hone your argument. That's not the kind you want to go to court on.

I think you took the word NEVER to broad. When I said NEVER it was in reguards to this matter. Guess I need to specify wording for special people.
dadtrying
10+ Posts

Next

Return to After The Divorce is Final – Moving On