Custody/foster care

Your divorce and child custody agreements are final, get practical tips for moving on with your life after divorce.

Custody/foster care

Postby Harry Potter28 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:42 pm

My ex is going through the process of becoming a foster parent. She is a single mother with a full time job, our children are 8 and 10. She lives in a 3 bedroom apartment.

I do not want to take away custody (she has full legal and physical custody) but I am deeply concerned about my children's well being and safety.

Is a change in physical custody my only option, and if so, is there even a case here?
Harry Potter28
First Post

Re: Custody/foster care

Postby Anything4Her » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:53 pm

You don't have a case until your kids living circumstances are directly affected by the foster children.

However, you might influence your ex to give up the idea by threatening a custody action.
Quality time cannot be scheduled. It spontaneously arises while doing the mundane. - FatherofFour
Anything4Her
1K+ Posts

Postby Fatheroffour » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:54 pm

You will have no case at all unless there is some negative affect on the kids. If the state thinks she is good enough to be a foster parent what is your argument for modifying custody?
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”― Mark Twain
Fatheroffour

Postby harvimaxic » Wed May 23, 2012 5:20 am

Well you are not able to have a case until your children are affected directly by the foster children. If possible try to convince her to give up the idea.
harvimaxic
First Post

Postby motwgk » Wed May 23, 2012 9:00 am

My foster child is now my daughter. Not sure what the worry is. Most are just kids needing safe homes.
motwgk
100+ Posts

Return to After The Divorce is Final – Moving On