Finished Trial - another update

Your divorce and child custody agreements are final, get practical tips for moving on with your life after divorce.

Finished Trial - another update

Unread postby hoot74 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:12 am

We just finished a 4-week trial. At issue was my claim that the children are being alienated whereas my ex claimed that the oldest two of three girls (7, 13, and 15) want to live with her during the school week. Three experts were called on direct and two on rebuttal.

The Judge ordered a Lincoln hearing for the children on next Friday. We are allowed to submit questions.

We are to submit closing arguments on December 31.

Does anyone have advice on what questions we should recommend for the Lincoln Hearing? I understand that there are two categories of questions that we might contemplate, 1) questions that corroborate my testimony and/or discredit my ex's testimony, and 2) questions that reveal alienation.
hoot74
1K+ Posts

Re: Finished Trial - another update

Unread postby Havalu7 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:07 am

Hoot thanks for the update.

We can see the finish line over the dash board!
”No is a complete sentence” Unknown
Havalu7
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Trevor » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:00 am

SMH over the fact that a court spends 4 weeks on one divorce case. I was lucky to get a few hours in each half of my bifurcated case, with 6 months in between halves.
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Unread postby hoot74 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:12 am

Trevor wrote:SMH over the fact that a court spends 4 weeks on one divorce case. I was lucky to get a few hours in each half of my bifurcated case, with 6 months in between halves.

I bet your wallet thanks you.
hoot74
1K+ Posts

Unread postby ScaredNConfused » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:38 am

hoot74 wrote:
Trevor wrote:SMH over the fact that a court spends 4 weeks on one divorce case. I was lucky to get a few hours in each half of my bifurcated case, with 6 months in between halves.

I bet your wallet thanks you.

I'd hate to have the bill from 4 weeks of trial, assuming 8 hour days + travel time, I would have been looking around 14k. Then add in what had to be weeks of prep time, I wouldn't be surprised to see that 4 week trial cost over 50k.
ScaredNConfused
100+ Posts

Return to After The Divorce is Final – Moving On