Wife Coming Back After Mr. Wonderful Experience

Your divorce and child custody agreements are final, get practical tips for moving on with your life after divorce.

Re: Wife Coming Back After Mr. Wonderful Experience

Unread postby mr_orange » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:43 pm

lovingfatherof2 wrote:Why do you want to be in a relationship so badly?

I don't.

The opportunity to be in a relationship is different than the desire to be in a relationship. I want the former.
mr_orange
100+ Posts

Unread postby lovingfatherof2 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:45 pm

Hey mods/admin, maybe we can get the banging head against the wall emoji?
the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it
lovingfatherof2
1K+ Posts

Unread postby afc » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:46 pm

I get it. #YOLO for LIFE!

Bonus if you meet The One and she has kids of her own. Built in playmates!
afc
5K+ Posts

Unread postby lionel2013 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:28 pm

Don't know about all y'all, but at this point I no longer know/remember what mr_orange wants from us in this thread, 'cause he disagrees with the main message here and firmly believes we don't know him.

Maybe it's time to retire this particular telenovela?

I bet he's going to start a new one, quickly, on an equally-intriguing theme, such as:

- what's the minimum number of hours allowed between dating two different women?
- can anyone provide perspective on dating a Transgender person?
- if (uuum, sorry, not if, but when) his cheating wife comes back to him, how many more affairs should he allow her before he should be worried again?
- now that he's been dating 9+ women over three months (not all at the same time, of course! Over three months!! That's a long time, get it??) and he's gotten a taste for new < female genitalia >, should he contemplate a completely open marriage (when his wife comes back to him, of course)? Multiple studies he's reviewed recently indicate that would be good for the two of them and even more beneficial for the kids.
Whenever you think divorce is bad, remember there are worse things than divorce.
lionel2013
1K+ Posts

Unread postby afc » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:30 pm

Already suggested open marriage to him and it was rejected as being too weird or immoral or a bad example for kids or something.
afc
5K+ Posts

Unread postby mr_orange » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:38 pm

I do like your attempt to be constructive.

lionel2013 wrote:- if (uuum, sorry, not if, but when) his cheating wife comes back to him, how many more affairs should he allow her before he should be worried again?

This would actually be an interesting thread. I have wondered about the same thing myself.
mr_orange
100+ Posts

Unread postby lionel2013 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:25 pm

mr_orange wrote:I do like your attempt to be constructive.

lionel2013 wrote:- if (uuum, sorry, not if, but when) his cheating wife comes back to him, how many more affairs should he allow her before he should be worried again?

This would actually be an interesting thread. I have wondered about the same thing myself.

When I was in your shoes, seriously, I did ask myself this question. Was thinking "OK, she herself realizes she's going through a mid-life crisis [according to her, she actually said that], I'll let it go this time for the sake of saving my marriage and preserving our family for our son [who was only 9 then] ... but what if she does it again? Noooo ... she won't. surely"

But she did. Or, a batter way to put it, she persevered with the same guy, then filed. Alas, her happiness with her Mr. W. lasted something like two years, which is truly a long time considering she was the one pushing very hard to first initiate, then to preserve the relationship. But he dumped her anyway, karma is a < female dog >.

The whole divorce experience, starting with the four months before she filed, for me was extremely traumatic, truly life altering. And in fact even now, happily re-married, it's still changed me forever, my perspective on life and relationships, many very serious things. Not to mention the financial blow, from which i may never recover.

But that being said, in a way she put me out of my misery and helped me find happiness with someone else, because I for one would not have had the guts to pull the trigger even though in the last five years of our marriage I too was supremely unhappy. Both of us were, because we didn't get along in many ways and she refused to meet me half way. So the bottom line - what I'm trying to say - is that at least in one respect she did me a big favor by leaving me. So maybe you should think of it that way too, if i may suggest, instead of hoping she'll come back.

And yes, the above was me sincerely trying to be constructive.
Whenever you think divorce is bad, remember there are worse things than divorce.
lionel2013
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Phoenix853 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:33 pm

In before Lock.

This thread is a train wreck. Orange doesn't need any help. He's got this all sewn up.

This is the oddest thread I've read in sometime. A guy trying to get his wife back, sleeps with another women and goes on multiple dates at the early stages of divorce. His wife sees what we see and is probably trying to escape the madness.

I can bet in any of those group, programs, and relationship course wouldn't agree with your methods during your divorce.
Phoenix
Phoenix853
1K+ Posts

Unread postby mr_orange » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:46 pm

lionel2013 wrote:And yes, the above was me sincerely trying to be constructive.

Thank you.

It does add value. And yes....I have had this discussion with many, many people. It is my main concern with any reconciliation/restoration attempts.
mr_orange
100+ Posts

Unread postby Havalu7 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:17 pm

Two things before the . ..

One; you aren't even calling her your STBX? That's a tell.

Two; did you learn that you are not supposed do make important decisions when in HALT?

Okay Numero Tres; Bro you got this so why are you here? Humble down and take some of this to heart. Don't dismiss is with an "Meh".

Every guy and maybe even auxiliary if they have posted on your numerous threads is trying to help you. Some like me a little more sarcastically and yes I even yelled at you on paper. That is called XXXXX which I just saw on the Thesaurus website which is someone whom is always YELLING.

Back to Mr. Tangerine Dream. ..bro quit wasting the groups time and energy because if you haven't been paying attention to anything other than your own darn self there are plenty of new guys / boots /newbies whom are eager to get help and learn from what gets given here by the highly paid volunteers here. Why don't you sit down in class and stop raising your darn high end / elite hand and try to soak in what the guys are saying here.

Darn it brother stop recommending to newbies to tie their boots thru the lace holes on both boots; i.e. telling guys its okay to sleep with and date others when its less than one year bra. And HALT? You are in one of those states. Shall I add a new one for you HALTS. The S being stubborn, or stuck up, or snobbish, or smarter than anyone else.

Oaky I will take a large with extra butter, some chocolate covered raisins and throw in a Butterfinger with a large root beer.

This could be a long shart show or a short one. For you bro can't wait to see you come back to the group and say "I should have listened to you guys and the auxiliary". Which would be okay because then you will have learned a lesson, acquired some humble pie and ate it, and come back here to help the new guy with areas that you have learned in, and others that you have been thru and succeeded in because you listened THIS TIME AROUND. Ooooops shouting again huh. :roll:
"No." is a complete sentence.

Do not move out of your house.
Havalu7
1K+ Posts

PreviousNext

Return to After The Divorce is Final – Moving On