Vacations with Kids in Violation of Agreement

Your divorce and child custody agreements are final, get practical tips for moving on with your life after divorce.

Re: Vacations with Kids in Violation of Agreement

Unread postby massdad1234 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:34 pm

OP - you need to take a step back on this one, although I know it must be hard.

1. Seems like the kids will enjoy themselves, best interests of the kids, check!
2. You know far enough in advance, you should ask for a switch, possibly in the next 2-3 weeks during summer?

Remember, there might come a time when you would like to do the same, how would you like to be treated in this situation?
massdad1234
500+ Posts

Unread postby Me_and_my_boys » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:32 pm

Solid advice all around. I'll get my days and move on.
No need to turn this into another headache. Thanks!
Me_and_my_boys
100+ Posts

Unread postby ragnar » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:46 pm

My STBC brother-in-law is a behavioral analyst. We once talked about missing school. Missing one day here and there has no long term impact according to research. That is not necessarily the case for taking them out for a week though.
ragnar
100+ Posts

Unread postby kamoto » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:36 pm

Just to add to this. I consider all school before high school to be beneficial, but it has no impact on college. So while you can, and while your wife can, save money and costs by taking trips during school time. I took my son out of middle school all the time to go skiing because it is quite cheaper and more enjoyable during the week. My son also wasn't a great student, with constant C's, D's and even temporary F's due to his lack of concern and that his brain functioning hasn't turned on with abandon. He started high school recently, and is bringing in A's, B's and asked if he could take Geometry over the summer as he finds Algebra II easy. He wants to accelerate into Trigonometry as fast as he can. So especially with boys, go easy with them as we tend to take longer for the brain to kick in. Girls, they seem to be born smart. My daughter never got anything less than an A in middle school and high school. But you got great advice, pick the mountain you want to stake your claim on carefully.
kamoto
10+ Posts

Previous

Return to After The Divorce is Final – Moving On