4th of July Issue with Ex

Your divorce and child custody agreements are final, get practical tips for moving on with your life after divorce.

Re: 4th of July Issue with Ex

Unread postby Minerva » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:21 pm

Personally if it was me, if I had it in writing that she agreed to the time/day I'd just stick to whatever I had in writing. If she did it verbally I'd stick to the letter of the law (7:45 it seems).

Either way, it's not worth losing sleep over. I would never tell the kids about it no matter what happens, that's not their concern.
Minerva
100+ Posts

Unread postby Beatandtired » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:21 pm

Sounds like your ex is as much as a witch as mine. This year my ex told me a day before the 4th that she would be taking the kids for her 10 day summer vacation with them. Per the court order she was supposed to give me her vacation date back in May...

I did not complain, I just wrote it down in my witch diary for our next court date.

I was however disappointed because I had cool plans for them. Being divorced with kids you love really sucks.
Beatandtired
10+ Posts

Unread postby nr552 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:01 am

Beatandtired wrote:Sounds like your ex is as much as a witch as mine. This year my ex told me a day before the 4th that she would be taking the kids for her 10 day summer vacation with them. Per the court order she was supposed to give me her vacation date back in May...

I did not complain, I just wrote it down in my witch diary for our next court date.

I was however disappointed because I had cool plans for them. Being divorced with kids you love really sucks.

Always be positive about it with your kids, it gets better. My S16 now is my best friend (that's good and bad sometimes -- lol). The DGAF attitude helped a lot re: my ex... and now things are rolling in life (good).
nr552
500+ Posts

Previous

Return to After The Divorce is Final – Moving On