Moving back in

Tips on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation tips for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Re: Moving back in

Unread postby massdad1234 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:15 am

what does the term radio silence mean to you?
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Broken Machine » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:15 am

Ah, the old "buy their love" trick. My STBX and her family are doing the same. They bought my son a Gameboy 2DS or something. I know STBX can't afford it. But oh well. If that is the only way they can show love, so be it. Because when kids are grown up, they won't care about any of that material stuff.
Broken Machine
100+ Posts

Unread postby Lion1234 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:21 am

massdad1234 wrote:what does the term radio silence mean to you?

I assume it means no communications?
Lion1234
100+ Posts

Unread postby massdad1234 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:22 am

Bingo! My STBX is also the gift giver. She just buys them things all the time for no reason. The kids actually get upset, so we have to talk it out.

"Why don't you buy me yada yada yada, mom does ___"
"Does daddy buy you things for no reason? Do I reward you with things that you don't earn? I also notice you don't treat your things well and treat others peoples things the same, why would i buy you something you don't earn when i know how you treat those things? Help me understand why you think you should get things you don't earn and treat them like you don't want them"
Lion1234 wrote:I assume it means no communications?

It means shut your yap about the divorce!
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Trevor » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:44 am

It also means no eye contact. Remain calm. Communicate by email.
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Unread postby dadforever » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:14 pm

I'm getting that feeling again....
that this might not even be real.

In your original thread you claimed wife had no means to payoff the house other than your minority stake in her Mothers house.

Then that changed that you have all this rental property....
Then you disclosed that you could liquidate your brokerage account and pay a 100k fee.

Now all of a sudden your wife is the only party that can touch it.

Explain yourself or face being labeled as a troll.
dadforever
100+ Posts

Unread postby dadforever » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:16 pm

Lion1234 wrote:If she doesn't sign it over, I will liquidate everything and transfer the cash. I didn't want to do it because of the capital gains.

Why did you write this if she and she alone controls the account?
dadforever
100+ Posts

Unread postby Lion1234 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:33 pm

not a troll.

until i moved back in and moved the money from the joint accounts, she seemed to be amenable to sign over the brokerage account to me. at least that what she said. don't know if she would have gone through with it or not, but now she's not going to do it. she is saying she thinks i will run away with it if she signs it over. all I want to do is to do some trading so I can grow the portfolio until we can file.

I have 2 kids and a mortgage, not sure where i can run away to and the other real estate holdings are in her name, she can sell whenever she wants to. they are worth more than the brokerage account, but she doesn't seem to get it or something else is driving her. I think she's talking to a girlfriend of hers who just went through a nasty divorce and she is getting some bad advice from her. at least it is bad as it applies to our case.

she's $100K over the budget on the house, she doesn't keep good records, she forgets how much more is left. I said i will pay the bills, but i want to control the outflows so we have something left at the end.

At the time i went to liquidate the brokerage account, it was already locked. before that, I had her login info and could trade. had I done it week earlier, i might be in a different situation. that's my mistake, of course.

she has no means to pay off the house, she would have to sell all the rentals and the rest of real estate. it takes time and she doesn't want to sell it anyway. we haven't even discussed paying off the mortgage, but she knows she'd have to refinance when we divorce, unless i pay it off with my share of assets and get her to give me custody and give up alimony.

meanwhile, she's not talking about the custody as we were supposed to do even last week. i have no idea what the hold up is, she might be researching it.
Lion1234
100+ Posts

Unread postby massdad1234 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:58 pm

brother, you're seemingly in the fog of war at this point. She isn't helping you because you two are getting divorced!

She will think one thing, say another and do something else. Your mistake is thinking you know what each one of those are.

Of course she isn't cooperative! You ruined her plans of a cake divorce and you falling on your sword.

Did you ever watch Charlie brown? What happens when Charlie Brown tries to kick the football?
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Lion1234 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:03 pm

yes, i am a mess, i realize that. i should have moved the brokerage money first. then joint.

stupid me.

i don't watch TV.
Lion1234
100+ Posts

PreviousNext

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum