Violation of Custody Orders

Tips on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation tips for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Re: Violation of Custody Orders

Unread postby mgtowthatish » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:54 am

daddyisready wrote:I had to go out of town for work, but my orders state that I get my Daughter from the 28th until the time she goes back to school which is the 8th. We both knew well in advance that I would be out of town that day. I let her know 3 weeks in advance. She's gone out of town and I've taken my daughter on days when I wasn't scheduled. No big deal. It was an end of the year work function out of town if that matters. It shouldn't, but does it. So the fact that I missed one day, does that eliminate the other week and a half I was supposed to have? Someone, please let me know.

Your STBX is giving you ammunition and appearing very unreasonable. Show your attorney the email you sent your STBX so you can establish a pattern of behavior. Draw up contempt proceedings for 3-4 violations of the agreement, not just one. The judge will likely do nothing during the first hearing for STBX's contempt, but that behavior will likely continue.

My attorney tried to dissuade me from filing contempt charges, but my ex cannot seem to follow an agreement that a kindergartener could follow. However, I wanted the record to show her repeated non-compliance. This could pay dividends in the future.
"Begin fashioning a life she will covet and will never have"
mgtowthatish
10+ Posts

Re: Violation of Custody Orders

Unread postby lovingfatherof2 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:29 am

You make it sound like you went out of town for a work function that was some kind of holiday thing your company does, like a holiday party or something.
the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it
lovingfatherof2
2.5K+ Posts

Previous

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum