First day of school

Tips on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation tips for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

First day of school

Unread postby scoutdad » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:57 am

Alright guys. Dropped the boys at school. They fit right in. I spent an hour touring and meeting with teachers etc. Just brought my daughter home. Stbx asked where the boys were. I told her school. She lost it. Forced my daughter by me and ran to the car hysterically crying and said she is going to get them. Now what? The poor boys are going to feel so sad and mad and confused.
scoutdad
100+ Posts

Re: First day of school

Unread postby massdad1234 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:07 am

Great job dad!
scoutdad wrote:Alright guys. Dropped the boys at school. They fit right in. I spent an hour touring and meeting with teachers etc.

Stop worrying about what she will do, her actions will speak for themselves. Your job is to document, let her introduce conflict, dad will always be conflict free. You cannot control their relationship with their mother, she needs help.
scoutdad wrote:She lost it. Forced my daughter by me and ran to the car hysterically crying and said she is going to get them. Now what? The poor boys are going to feel so sad and mad and confused.

Her actions and behavior is not healthy/rational/supportive nor putting the children's best interests first. She is essentially handing you your case for primary parent on a silver platter.
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Unread postby scoutdad » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:13 am

So they are all at home and I'm at work. I don't know what to do next. I feel bad for the school and the teachers. What a disruption.
scoutdad
100+ Posts

Unread postby massdad1234 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:19 am

you take them back to school tomorrow.

I don't know if there are legal avenues to approach, but she is not healthy. Honestly, it almost seems like you need a temporary restraining order against the mom, not sure what others think.
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Chaos » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:44 am

You need to file. You're putting your kids in the middle right now. The only way you're keeping them in school is if a judge orders it.

I don't understand why you told her where they were, or went home before they were out. This really hinged on them completing a day without incident. Now they're going to be twice as freaked out.
If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.
Chaos

Unread postby massdad1234 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:47 am

OP - are you ready to take the plunge? All this nibbling at the edges will do more harm than good, as you see. You have a high conflict divorce on your hands and if you don't step up, your kids will ultimately the ones that suffer the most.
Chaos wrote:I don't understand why you told her where they were, or went home before they were out. This really hinged on them completing a day without incident. Now they're going to be twice as freaked out.

because OP lives paralyzed in fear of what the STBX may or may not do.
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Chaos » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:52 am

Good luck man.
If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.
Chaos

Unread postby scoutdad » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:58 am

I decided to take my daughter home. In hindsight I should have stayed gone all day. I didnt think mom would pull them out.

File for divorce? I did last week. Mom was supposed to be served last friday or today. I dont believe she was served yet.

I dont see how to get them back without incident now. I am not afraid of Mom, but not sure how to get around her.
scoutdad
100+ Posts

Unread postby massdad1234 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:01 pm

what does your lawyer say? Could you not leverage the court to ensure the kids compulsory education is not to be subjected to the whims of their mother?
scoutdad wrote:I decided to take my daughter home. In hindsight I should have stayed gone all day. I didnt think mom would pull them out.
Really??
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Unread postby scoutdad » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:03 pm

I have an email in to him. She showed up at school frantic. My 8 year old was not happy to come home.
scoutdad
100+ Posts

Next

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum