Foreign Divorce

Tips on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation tips for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Re: Foreign Divorce

Unread postby SCGator14 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:47 pm

by whatever_works » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:58 pm

According to a radio lawyer, divorce is far easier than annulment and gets the same job done. So, why do you desire annulment and not a divorce? - Ease. Would rather eliminate the mistake but if more complicated and problematic, not a big deal.

If I were you, I'd pay a lawyer for an hour (or get a free consult) with these questions and start there. This forum tries to help other dads get more time with their children. - Will do, thank you. And did not see the proper forum so this is my fault, apologies for the wrong forum.
Last edited by SCGator14 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SCGator14
10+ Posts

Unread postby SCGator14 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:49 pm

by Chaos » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:23 pm

It's a men's divorce forum. Paternity isn't required.

OP annulment is definitely more complicated. - Okay

The fact that she's international is another complication. - Understand but not having availability to citizenship creates its own little problem.

I don't know that you're going to be able to do this without an attorney. Do you expect her to contest it? - No.
Last edited by SCGator14 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SCGator14
10+ Posts

Unread postby SCGator14 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:50 pm

by SoxFan1986 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:57 pm

What US state were you married? - Overseas, she has never been in the USA.

how long is the marriage and where do you reside now? - March 2015, again, NOT in the USA and still reside in Georgia.
Last edited by SCGator14 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SCGator14
10+ Posts

Unread postby SCGator14 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:51 pm

by Tom Kirkpatrick » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:27 pm

Were you married in the United States?? It matters. - No. Civil ceromony in her city in Ukraine.
Last edited by SCGator14 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SCGator14
10+ Posts

Unread postby SCGator14 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:54 pm

Were you married in the United States?? It matters. - No

SCGator14 wrote:
.....if annulment is not possible divorce should be.
You've been married too long for annulment. You're looking at divorce. It's obvious she's abandoned the marriage. - Sounds good.

With her out of the country, there's gonna be complications. You're gonna need an attorney. - Agreed

SCGator14 wrote:
Was told on a number of occasions that she is about to die.
Sounds to me like she's shaming you.....trying to bilk you out of money. Be careful. Once you send her money, your giving will never cease. - Yes, and the giving stopped in July 2016. So nothing more has happened.

SCGator14 wrote:
AFTER marriage mentioned she would NOT arrive unless her 27 year old son immigrated with her.
You mustn't sponsor anyone or else you'll be on the hook to support them while they're here. - Yes, and this process, from what I know, takes about 15 years.

SCGator14 wrote:
.....her inability to attain access to the USA is not possible.
This could be a blessing disguise. - LOL, you ain't KIDDING!

Tom - Thanks for your replies in order. I missed the remaining ones so apologies for the double replies.
Last edited by SCGator14 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SCGator14
10+ Posts

Unread postby SCGator14 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:57 pm

by Chaos » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:00 pm

After marriage found out she has, her words, major health issues. Needs treatments costing $300+ per month and this was simply not budgeted nor disclosed. Was told on a number of occasions that she is about to die. Spirituality is vastly different. AFTER marriage mentioned she would NOT arrive unless her 27 year old son immigrated with her.

Seriously?

Sounds like a dude talking about his estranged wife to me. I didn't realize we were Sherlock Holmes-ing it with the gender indicators. Probably we should all keep our day jobs if that's the case. - My thoughts too. MY fault for not "vetting" her more but regardless, all these late coming of information made this a VERY nefarious undertaking.
SCGator14
10+ Posts

Unread postby SCGator14 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:02 pm

by Havalu7 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:07 pm

Just a minor sniff sniff 8 ) - TEMPTED to send the incomplete sentence of NO but will explain. Intestinal problems circumventing her ability to digest food. Only solutions are a VERY difficult massage with a specific cadare of juice from a company that cannot issue product in the USA, even though they're based in Utah. Attempted to talk about this but was met with a forceful NO, :lol: , and then a response that this had been occurring since 2001.

Seems to me if I have a problem THAT long with NO relief and claim THIS is the only relief that there's SOMETHING not quite right here.
SCGator14
10+ Posts

Unread postby SoxFan1986 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:40 pm

Did you start the process to petition your foreign wife for green card? is so, what's the status?...if you didn't start that process this case is looking a lot more simple.
SoxFan1986
100+ Posts

Unread postby Tom Kirkpatrick » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:41 pm

SCGator14 wrote:Civil ceremony in her city in Ukraine.
Depending upon individual circumstance, some jurisdictions reserve authority to not recognize certain marriages. If such is the case, annulment may be possible. Talk to your attorney.

SCGator14 wrote:.....takes about 15 years.
If they're unable to support themselves, 15 yrs is how long you'll hafta support the person(s) you sponsor.

SCGator14 wrote:Intestinal problems circumventing her ability to digest food.
Could it be radiation poisoning??
Did she live anywhere near, or downwind of Chernobyl?? Not only is radiation taken up in the food chain, it remains in the soil for a very long time - half-life is 10K yrs.

Tom
Like football, family court is a game of inches. A John Madden strategy
Tom Kirkpatrick
5K+ Posts

Unread postby SCGator14 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:08 pm

by SoxFan1986 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:40 pm

Did you start the process to petition your foreign wife for green card? is so, what's the status?...if you didn't start that process this case is looking a lot more simple - We simply worked on the K-1 visa. It too a VERY long time, even with the marriage certificate. Once this process started these facts were emerging and it came to the point where I could not wait to see the next one. After June, 2016 I realized this was a dead end street. At THIS point I should have started this process but didn't. Guess I wanted to give it one last try to see if it would work out. It didn't. The Green Card process, from what I understand, never began.
SCGator14
10+ Posts

PreviousNext

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum