Saw Ex Yelling at D13

Tips on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation tips for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Re: Saw Ex Yelling at D13

Unread postby j_briden » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:09 am

grandet2 wrote:Loving nj women use "yelling" as a tool to control everyone around them, including minor children.

I respectfully disagree, everyone needs protection from nj women yelling at them especially minor children, more so girls.

Try this social experiment, start yelling at your female friend/family like your loving ex, ask them afterwards how they felt.

This fits my case. Maybe it's true for most women, I don't know... however, yes, my ex used to yell when she wasn't happy... as if she was a victim and her only defense was yelling. While I agree that D should be able to handle her mom well and start learning, I can't ignore the fact that there's a long-term lasting effect of being yelled at constantly.

To me, it is a selfish act. You can't stick your finger in your child's face, sitting in the car, leaving the child with no choice - what is she supposed to do? Get out and leave? Whatever it was, it deserves a proper conversation and not yelling, especially in the car at the PD parking lot. It was that much worse for me - it's my ex's time and I couldn't just go and take "our" daughter back.

This situation needs to be addressed, no question about it. The question is, how.
j_briden
10+ Posts

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:57 am

One of the consequences of being yelled at constantly is avoidance.

D will soon of an age where she can avoid such negativity in her life. Be sure to teach her she should avoid negative influences in her life and demand respectful treatment from those she allows to be in her life.
Fatheroffour

Unread postby j_briden » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:55 am

Fatheroffour wrote:One of the consequences of being yelled at constantly is avoidance.

D will soon of an age where she can avoid such negativity in her life. Be sure to teach her she should avoid negative influences in her life and demand respectful treatment from those she allows to be in her life.

well said!
j_briden
10+ Posts

Previous

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum