Kids in the mix - My options to handle Ex's craziness

Tips on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation tips for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Re: Kids in the mix - My options to handle Ex's craziness

Unread postby a dad » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:16 am

First and lastly, don't move out.
Finances, she has to own all, but she does a bad job saving, I know I could do better, but she won’t allow me.
End this. Take charge of the finances. Deposit your checks into a new account at a new bank or credit union. Setup billpay from there. Begin financial austerity for both income and expenses.

BPD stands for borderline personality disorder, not bipolar. Has she been diagnosed with anything? Got meds?

Oh, and don't move out.
a dad

Unread postby LovingDadof2 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:21 am

Oganirec wrote:I have seen her hit me in front of kids...
What does this mean? You certainly didn't "see" her hit you. Did you mean kids saw her hit you? You recorded her hitting you? Being clear with your wording will help us help you.
LovingDadof2
100+ Posts

Unread postby HaltAndCatchFire » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:34 pm

Summary: Your wife is mean and irrational. It's behavior echoed many times before on this forum, just like the BPD self diagnosis.

1. You have a DAR. Keep it running 24/7.
2. You say you're practicing radio silence. Keep it up. Only discuss issues about the kids.

Now is the time to get out of your comfort zone and become comfortable with uncertainty. Fortune favors the bold. There's a ton of pragmatic advice on this forum about what to do to prepare yourself for a divorce. You need to focus on your strategy so she's reacting to you, instead of you reacting to her. If you allow yourself to get mired in her reactions, your divorce will languish for years before it's finalized. You can't live in fear of what she may or may not do.
The only way out is through.
HaltAndCatchFire
100+ Posts

Previous

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum