This Woman is Insane

Tips on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation tips for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Re: This Woman is Insane

Unread postby massdad1234 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:37 pm

great point. I have gotten remarks from my attorney second hand from OC about STBX. I don't put too much faith into it, but the gist of it holds up to what I know my STBX to be. Bottom line, OC is looking to get her check and move on to the next.
steelmark wrote:My EX’s lawyer finally got tired of her BS and totally rolled.
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Euronymous » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:35 am

Today's action was her attorney sending a letter with all the garden-variety claims against me (he's a domestic violence perpetrator, he has issues with alcohol, he's not good for the kids) to counter my claims of the same for her from a previous letter from my attorney, followed by a sound response from my attorney denying all this. My attorney ended his response by remarking "it does no good to throw accusations back and forth when we can serve the parties better by getting them separated and this case resolved". Hopefully, we've gotten most of the mudslinging out of the way and we can work toward a settlement. I'm feeling a bit steamrolled, but such is the divorce process, I guess.
Euronymous
100+ Posts

Unread postby Trevor » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:43 am

Letter Wars subsidize new cars and boats...not for you, of course. When's your final court date booked?
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Unread postby Euronymous » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:57 am

February 8.
Euronymous
100+ Posts

Unread postby grandet2 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:59 am

Euronymous wrote:Today's action was her attorney sending a letter with all the garden-variety claims against me (he's a domestic violence perpetrator, he has issues with alcohol, he's not good for the kids) to counter my claims of the same for her from a previous letter from my attorney, followed by a sound response from my attorney denying all this. My attorney ended his response by remarking "it does no good to throw accusations back and forth when we can serve the parties better by getting them separated and this case resolved". Hopefully, we've gotten most of the mudslinging out of the way and we can work toward a settlement. I'm feeling a bit steamrolled, but such is the divorce process, I guess.

Brother, stop defending, those letters are designed to do one thing, put you on the defensive. You attorney is loving it and honestly sucks.

nj makes false accusations.
Normal reaction is - no I did not, no I have not, no, and so on. Stop, just stop.

you should use all the false unsubstantiated claims and attach them in your pleadings and point out to the judge:
"OMG, nj is delusional, keeps making false claims, her mental state is concerning, she should be ordered to seek treatment. It is obvious she is unable to co-parent, she is poisonous to the children, does not foster love and respect for the other parent"

Add more stuff she is doing as a concern for her and children, and point out that those are not in the best interest of the children.

Have your attorney seed expectation with the judge with "I am sure all OC and her client will do is talk smack about my client, it is another kick my client motion"
So when they go at it in front of the judge, you guys go, here we go again your honor...

So tell us how you will use what she is putting on paper to question her sanity, her ability to work with your for the best interest of the children?
“A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband, while a man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.”
grandet2
100+ Posts

Unread postby a dad » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:55 am

grandet2 wrote:"OMG, nj is delusional, keeps making false claims, her mental state is concerning, she should be ordered to seek treatment. It is obvious she is unable to co-parent, she is poisonous to the children, does not foster love and respect for the other parent"

Add more stuff she is doing as a concern for her and children, and point out that those are not in the best interest of the children.

I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.
a dad

Unread postby Euronymous » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:16 pm

grandet2 wrote:So tell us how you will use what she is putting on paper to question her sanity, her ability to work with your for the best interest of the children?

Here's where the "managing my attorney" part comes in. I'm keeping all documents, journals, correspondence properly organized so that when the time comes, I'll be ready with all guns blazing. In the initial hearing before the judge, when my STBX was representing herself pro se, she became so unhinged in the courtroom that the judge told her that if she kept is up that she would be held in contempt of court, and my attorney has mentioned this repeatedly in his return correspondence to her allegations. Meanwhile, I'll try to make sure that my attorney ignores further attacks on me, in which responses to the same only create further billings and do nothing to move the case to resolution.
Euronymous
100+ Posts

Unread postby massdad1234 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:36 pm

is your lawyer a beamer or benz guy?
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Euronymous » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:12 pm

What's the worst that can happen to me? I lose our primary residence, a house that I love and would prefer to buy her out of her equity for? Fine, she gets the house, I get more cash, and I can go find another pad and pick one completely to my preference. She wants to battle me for greater than 50% custody of the kids? I'd give it about four days before this volatile woman gets sick of it and I start getting text messages from the kids about "mom". Custody arrangements change all the time post-divorce.

But what I can't do it cough up a ton of money on attorney fees. I've got to let her take her swings, turn the other cheek, and get through this process as quickly and with as little frivolous cost as possible. I'll keep documenting everything in my ever-growing journal that I've been keeping for five years, and have it for reference if the situation calls for it. No matter the outcome, one thing's for certain: this pathological woman is going to largely be out of my life, once and for all. And with that, I can't help but come out a winner.
Euronymous
100+ Posts

Unread postby _ProudPoppa_ » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:15 am

If you're so willing to give up everything why are you dragging this out? Why not just file and give her everything she wants. No attorney fees.
_ProudPoppa_
100+ Posts

PreviousNext

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum