This Woman is Insane

Tips on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation tips for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Re: This Woman is Insane

Unread postby Euronymous » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:53 pm

Chaos wrote:I wouldn't go either. No reason to play happy family at this point.

Bingo. And if this whole dilemma wasn't enough, looks like our Seahawks will miss the playoffs for the first time in forever.

2017: the year that whatever could go wrong, did. Good riddance...
Euronymous
50+ Posts

Unread postby Euronymous » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:02 am

Well, that was easy.

I told STBX that I didn't feel like going this year, she harassed me a little bit and then took the kids to a different party than we were originally going to with a family in our same neighborhood. I stayed behind, had a few beers, watched Citizen Kane on Blu-ray, and drank in the euphoric silence. It was absolutely awesome...
Euronymous
50+ Posts

Unread postby Euronymous » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:51 pm

I need to pay my first batch of attorney fees of a few thousand dollars. From our initial hearing, all of our assets are frozen with the exception of a joint checking account that is to be used for "necessities of life". After the initial hearing, STBX opened her own personal checking account to deposit her paychecks into, and after I found out that she had done this I did the same. STBX was originally representing herself pro se but has since also retained an attorney, so we both have our own. Should I pay the fees for my attorney from our joint account or from my own personal account? If I do the latter, it would be typical of STBX to then charge her attorney fees to our joint.
Euronymous
50+ Posts

Unread postby Havalu7 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:36 pm

Close the joint account; which you were highly suggested to do what months ago?

She has her own account. What are you afraid of, the judge possibly telling you to put it back.

Come on Euro.
"No." is a complete sentence.

Do not move out of your house.
Havalu7
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Euronymous » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:34 pm

Time to buy the family groceries for the week. Who pays?

Time to pay the insurance renewals. Who pays?

Time to buy the kids new shoes for basketball. Who pays?
Euronymous
50+ Posts

Unread postby Havalu7 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:19 am

"STBX opened her own personal checking account"

Dude what are you afraid of? She is at the net ready to slam your weak sauce lob back down your throat. Okay don't play tennis? How about lets play divorce. She is either being coached or just making smart moves on you.

Hmmmm. Tick tock tick tock. Is it fear. You made some moves in this game of divorce. Now you are somewhat paralyzed to close the "wet bag" as we used to say in sales, or even sports ala Oklahoma Sooners for those sports guys.

Let us work on that fear. Take the acronym FEAR. I saw it explained on a email I get about ending destructive relationships and I have not referred to it for awhile so check it out.

http://endingdestructiverelationships.com/

I will look up the FEAR acronym there in my next post. On my phone so its a we bit challenging here.

Havalu7
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Havalu7 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:51 am

That is also a great book for you to read:
"No Contact: Ending a Destructive Relationship"

It really really helped me and I have read it several times. I made notes with dates throughout the book. When I reread it I would stop and look at the note and remember where I was at the time.

Okay fear..

False
Evidence
Appearing
Real

What is it that you are fearing? That the family won't have anything to eat? I'm not kidding YOU posted the question. What other options are there? She would have to pay for the groceries herself and ask you for half later? You could go with her if things are still at a amicable level that you could do so. There are MANY other options like giving her a prepaid debit or gift card; loading it weekly or monthly. You could alternate on weekly buying trips.

Next Johnny or Janie's new runners. She could buy them. She could ask you for the money. She could god forbid tell them to wait till you bought them. Are you with me chief? These are not problems just minor issues needing solutions.

What was the last one? Does not matter does it? Find a solution other than her having her own money AND your money.

Does that make any sense Euro? Seriously some good Smart Recovery or Alanon may, notice I said MAY, work for you. I dont want to get accused of encouraging you to join the circus or a cult or anything way cray cray like that; just know that recovery is not just about booze and it worked for me, and many others.

Take what you like and leave the rest.

Havalu7
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Euronymous » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:02 pm

Thank you, Havalu, for what you have written. As for what I am scared of, I am quite scared, indeed, of any action that will cause STBX to go on a a day-long or multi-day long screaming tirade in front of both me and the kids. We are all quite beaten down by now, and I've taken to avoiding as much conflict as possible, even if it means letting her have a particular advantage. The kids are showing signs of significant emotional distress, and you know by now my disposition. Twice (*twice*) just this week one of our kids was so affected by her antics that he refused to go to school. One day we finally got him out the door, the other we didn't.

As for closing the joint account, pursuant to our initial hearing there is a court order that a joint checking account will be kept open to fund "necessities of life". Are you suggesting that I should file a petition to close it?
Euronymous
50+ Posts

Unread postby massdad1234 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:06 pm

no, we are saying empty it out and make sure no further money is deposited.
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Euronymous » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:41 pm

Okay, will do. And any recommendation as to which account my attorney fees come out of?
Euronymous
50+ Posts

PreviousNext

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum