This Woman is Insane

Tips on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation tips for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Re: This Woman is Insane

Unread postby Chaos » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:47 pm

It's your car. Do what you want. There's nothing she can do about it.
If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.
Chaos

Unread postby Havalu7 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:01 pm

And no kids in car if she is driving. ..right?

BTW I will let go of your lapels after trying to snap you out of your fog.

A "take it easy Francis" may have been in order 8 )

We have all been there but don't go if its too big of a deal.

Can you offer to take the kids to a movie or an alternate trip to Aunt Bess's house or somethng. Dont limit your self to HER options.
"No." is a complete sentence.

Do not move out of your house.
Havalu7
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Euronymous » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:37 pm

After much rumination, I've decided that I'm going to announce that I'm not going this year. If she wants to go and/or take the kids, she is free to do so. No way I'm going to be trapped in a car with her for 1 1/2 hours, and driving separately carries too much risk for chaos.

I want to really try to stick to my plan of largely avoiding any time in her presence, especially in a setting like a car cab where there is no escape route.

The added benefit is that once I make my announcement to her, I won't have to turn on the TV to watch the New Year's Eve fireworks, they'll emit from her mouth right in front of me!
Euronymous
50+ Posts

Unread postby massdad1234 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:27 pm

so you're going to make a big deal then let her drive the kids when you said she may drink? How is that putting the kids first?

This isn't about you. Take the kids with you, if she wants to drink and stay she can.
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Unread postby madalex » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:49 pm

I’m with massdad - you can’t let her take the kids if she’s going to be drinking.

Drive separately. Make sure you have the registration with you. She’s not going to call the cops, but even if she does, it will be a minor inconvenience so long as you have the car registration with you.
madalex
500+ Posts

Unread postby Chaos » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:26 pm

They'll laugh in her face. It's a community property state. Even if your name wasn't on the car, it's your car. If anything, they won't appreciate her wasting their time and resources.
If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.
Chaos

Unread postby massdad1234 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:47 pm

OP - she can't get behind the wheel unless she waits at least 1 hour per drink, is she going to do that? Is there any risk? If so, you need to dig down and make it happen. Drive separately, but FFS man, your kids will be at risk on one of the riskiest nights out!
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Euronymous » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:25 pm

She won't drink to intoxication tonight, she'll have a beer or two. If I thought the kids were at an elevated risk I wouldn't allow it. But alcohol has an almost-immediate effect on her level of harassment of me.

There is just no way I'm going to be in a car with this woman for 1 1/2 hours tonight! If I go, she's going to lay into me the whole way over and the whole way back, and that's not good for the kids, either. I'm going to announce that I'm not going and that anyone who wishes to stay behind can do so if they wish. We'll see what happens...
Euronymous
50+ Posts

Unread postby Chaos » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:38 pm

I wouldn't go either. No reason to play happy family at this point.
Chaos

Unread postby Chasbo » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:39 pm

What she is doing right now is pretty annoying but also quite minor compared to some here. Mine did the whole fake suicide thing, spitting in my face, hitting me on the head with a bottle routine. At the time it’s horrifying but later you see it’s just a sign of their fear and weakness.

The kids see everything and if you stay polite and calm they appreciate it greatly and love you more for it. Sometimes your decency gets passed on to the nj and she calms down also.

Usually when they get someone to bang they tend to calm down.

Its all pathetic but quite typical. If she hasnt descended to violence count yourself lucky
Chasbo
2.5K+ Posts

PreviousNext

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum