Texts

Tips on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation tips for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Texts

Unread postby whatever_works » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:02 am

D11 has been texting mom about how much she hates it here. Details are not important but reading these texts cuts through my heart. She has been very happy with dad for the last three years. Now that the trial time is approaching, she has decided she doesn't like dad any more. Divorce has been going on for three years. First two were with an RO and stbx not relenting an inch. Then my judge passed away so the new one took his time with pre-trials.

I am sure stbx is printing these texts for the trial. My defense is that:

1. The texts are curated by stbx since she knows what to delete and what to show.
2. Daughter is very happy living with me (which is true since she does this texting behind my back) and the only reason she is texting these things is to curry favor with mom.
3. How come there are no texts for the first 3 years. Mom is obviously incentivizing the child for the trial and the talk with probation officer (all in the last six months).
4. Finally, the child got used to living without the dad after she was used to living with the dad. She will get used to living with the dad again (and that is good for her).

Does any of it make sense? Is there something I am missing or should be preparing for?
whatever_works
500+ Posts

Re: Texts

Unread postby massdad1234 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:31 pm

ignore. are you beating your children? No? Then focus on what you bring to the table and let her slander/mudsling all she wants.
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Unread postby lionel2013 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:42 pm

Ignore. It cannot be proved that it was actually your daughter who wrote those texts. Your STBX would have to put your daughter on the stand. I hope she does not stoop that low.
Whenever you think divorce is bad, remember there are worse things than divorce.
lionel2013
1K+ Posts

Unread postby grandet2 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:54 am

Bro, you are not alone, nj's fav cowardly tactic is to put children in the middle and poison their minds. From my personal experience I can tell you that the gonadless judges/refs don't give a shite about your D. They just want you to go away. But you need to make them care.

1. Before she can talk about it, you talk about it in a positively way. And then after she talks about, you go, see just as we said your honor, here we go again.
You could tell the court - mother needs to support and promote D's relationship with dad and only way to do this is for D to spend more time with dad. Both parents needs to work together for the best interest of the child.

What is nj feeding D? what do you think is causing this reaction from D?
Last edited by grandet2 on Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband, while a man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.”
grandet2
100+ Posts

Unread postby massdad1234 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:19 pm

I wouldn't even climb down that rabbit hole. I would stick to the script, positive towards mom, how its in childs best interest to spend more time with dad.
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Unread postby whatever_works » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:55 pm

Good advice. I'll refocus.

The reason for these texts is a bit of parental alienation. D says she changed her mind about living with dad after the 3 weeks she spent in summer. But I'm sure mom is encouraging her.
whatever_works
500+ Posts

Unread postby LovingDadof2 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:32 am

Not sure of your State's particulars, but a D11 is generally still too young to dictate where she wants live.

I agree with the others, just stick to the positives, tell the judge how it's in your daughters best interest to spend time with Dad, etc.

The current texts may simply be caused by the upcoming trial? There may be a lot of stress at Mom's house and D11 may be trying to alleviate that? Hopefully D11's attitude will change once the trial is complete and the stress is removed from the equation?
LovingDadof2
100+ Posts

Unread postby grandet2 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:25 pm

whatever_works wrote:Good advice. I'll refocus.

The reason for these texts is a bit of parental alienation. D says she changed her mind about living with dad after the 3 weeks she spent in summer. But I'm sure mom is encouraging her.

After 3 weeks she spent with you?

You need to think what nj will do in future innings, do you think she will play the "D does not want to spend time with dad" card again later when D is 14, 15, 16?
“A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband, while a man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.”
grandet2
100+ Posts

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum