Separating, but kids?

Tips on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation tips for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Re: Separating, but kids?

Unread postby BartSimpson » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:03 pm

Armydad, I am thankful that you found this forum so that you can contribute to the many Dads who share your .gov circumstances. We need more active military members to participate because divorce is a real issue daily for the military, and it ain’t easy.

I throw a big Holiday party, and lucky you, I am announcing it here. It will be Christmas Eve, and no matter what you are doing, please stop by. It’s a bunch of Dads and we just poke fun with each other to make sure everybody is feeling loved. Since you understand, from your deployments, what being alone on the holidays is about, you will be an important part.

We cool?
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby Broken Machine » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:15 pm

STBX = Soon To Be Ex
Broken Machine
50+ Posts

Unread postby Armydadof4 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:55 pm

BartSimpson wrote:Armydad, I am thankful that you found this forum so that you can contribute to the many Dads who share your .gov circumstances. We need more active military members to participate because divorce is a real issue daily for the military, and it ain’t easy.

I throw a big Holiday party, and lucky you, I am announcing it here. It will be Christmas Eve, and no matter what you are doing, please stop by. It’s a bunch of Dads and we just poke fun with each other to make sure everybody is feeling loved. Since you understand, from your deployments, what being alone on the holidays is about, you will be an important part.

We cool?

Yea, we cool. Thanks. I will be in Charleston for Christmas, kids and STBX are visiting my Inlaws, I then Fly back here the day after Christmas, if I was close by I would definitely stop by . I will make sure that if I know anyone else going through this that I bring them to the site. Been reading a lot of stuff on it this evening.
Armydadof4
10+ Posts

Unread postby massdad1234 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:03 pm

My STBX said the same thing. She also said " the only reason I haven't left is you're such a good dad"
Armydadof4 wrote: She has said that I am a good dad and she would never keep the kids from me

She even said she wanted shared custody, then offered me every other weekend!! Your strategy cannot be that she will give you everythign you want, nor can your strategy be to get everything you want.

risks:
finances - you having zero control is an issue
involvement - status quo is setting you up for every other weekend. Saying you're getting out in 2 years and that this is your last deployment is wishful thinking, you and i both know that that is subject to the army's wishes. I was going to get sent back to Iraq and have 10 days to seperate.....
Relatives - you know Fayet. is a dump, just like other areas. what are the chances she wants to stick around there?
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Unread postby BartSimpson » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:06 pm

It’s a virtual party, digital. You be here, no matter where you are.

How’s things in your location, did matters improve with the President’s visit?
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby Armydadof4 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:10 pm

BartSimpson wrote:It’s a virtual party, digital. You be here, no matter where you are.

How’s things in your location, did matters improve with the President’s visit?

Ah, dang it. I will be there. I am in UAE, things are not too bad here
Armydadof4
10+ Posts

Unread postby Trevor » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:44 pm

massdad1234 wrote:you know Fayet. is a dump, just like other areas.

Fayette-nam NC?
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Unread postby BartSimpson » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:03 pm

You are on the pointy end of the spear, and this forum understands. We have members with strong political positions, but you are the one we look to for guidance in our crazy world. Be brave and make a difference. Insert a salute here.
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby massdad1234 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:14 pm

Haha, pretty much, onslow county aka the taint of the USA.
Trevor wrote:Fayette-nam NC?
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Armydadof4 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:05 am

Trevor wrote:
massdad1234 wrote:you know Fayet. is a dump, just like other areas.

Fayette-nam NC?

Yep, when not deployed, Fayette-Nam, NC
Armydadof4
10+ Posts

PreviousNext

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum