Update: She’s going for blood.

Tips on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation tips for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Re: Update: She’s going for blood.

Unread postby grandet2 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:34 am

Bro, my attorney had 2 strategies for me
1. Hold my ankle
2. Hold my ankle harder

You need not only grow a pair but learn to agree with attorney when face to face and not argue (keep billing time low), then come here and ask all you want and formulate a game plan and then send an email to attorney with instructions but make it sound it hey it is better right?

Story time:
Attorney tried shove GAL down my throat and have agree to every other Thursday night instead of every Thursday night. She actually ended with, you know you might not get any (Thus) overnights if you go to trial. This is in court while on a break. Man I was soiling my already stinky underwear, I texted a few members here, I posted while I was waiting for my atty to come back from bathroom break. I tried to buy time, but she kept pressuring me for an answer. I asked her what does she suggest? She said, take 1 night at least, what if you get none. I told her, I value her opinion. I will probably go with what she suggests, Let me think about it.
Back from court and after a few cups coffee with lotsa 1/2 & 1/2, and input from my brothers here, I was ready to email my atty.

I was tempted to just say, FU, FU mutha...but instead I wrote a short sob story, I told her, let's go for it all, I need to know in my heart I tried.

Back on topic:
She can ask for the sky, it is your job to say NO. but if you say no you have to have an alternate proposal.

Channel your anger and energy to defeat her in court brother!
“A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband, while a man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.”
grandet2
100+ Posts

Unread postby TJinCA » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:25 am

Tht1Guy wrote:Thank you TJ. I’ll work on that list.

I spoke to a coworker who made me feel much better. Apparently her lawyer can come up with a list and monetary demands but that’s all they are and not anything to stress over as nothing is concrete set by a judge. She may make claims to pay $5000
in 3 business days but that doesn’t mean my attorneys will agree to it. So, I was very worried about having to come up with that sort of money that fast. Now after a bit of clarifying, it’s much easier to swallow as I have no idea about this process. So it’s basically tossing back and forth of demands and if nothing is settled, the judge makes a decision for everyone. Does that sound about right?

In addition to the lists, it might be a good idea to take photos or a video inventory, so you have documentary evidence of the existence and condition of all of the items that are agreed hers or in dispute. Do that before you move anything out of the house.

I think your coworker is right, you don't have to do anything unless the law says so or the judge orders it. You can agree to her demands if you want (and it may be the prudent thing to do if your lawyer tells you the judge is likely to order it anyway) to but you're not obligated just based on a demand from her or a letter from her lawyer.
TJinCA
100+ Posts

Unread postby massdad1234 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:08 pm

this is bananas. He has exclusive rights, why the heck should he even worry about personal belongings? Radio silence and I am all for withholding the child until the next hearing. Think about it this way, if you know about this one and it seems bad, how many do you know nothing about?
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Unread postby LovingDadof2 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:43 am

Any update?
LovingDadof2
100+ Posts

Previous

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum