FRO - motion for reconsideration mean anything

Tips on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation tips for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Re: FRO - motion for reconsideration mean anything

Unread postby massdad1234 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:38 am

where are you in terms of the divorce process? Is this issue #1 or #99? you already know that this is frivoulous and wasting money, the question is, who is better served by distractions or delays? Or are both parties acting irrationally and the judge simply punted this a little hoping the two children would hurry up?
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Unread postby hoot74 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:43 am

I am not sure if it is useful to spend so much energy/time on the issue you raise, but if you choose to do so, you might benefit from an understanding that "physical violence" is not the lowest bar to trigger judicial concern (at least not these days):
http://www.nycourts.gov/reporter/3dseri ... _51333.htm
hoot74
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Trevor » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:13 pm

DumpedinFL wrote:The judge said...that I knew it would annoy wife and that's why FRO.

This suggests that you testified that at least part of the reason you made the steak sandwich was to poke your wife in the eye with it.
DumpedinFL wrote:I ordered all the transcripts, which were like $5k; which are needed to file an appeal.

I find this hard to believe. Transcription rates are based on number of pages and expected due date. The longer the hearing/deposition, the more pages. The faster turnaround necessary, the higher the price per page.

For five grand, the TRO hearing had to last many hours and the transcript around 1,428 pages (at $3.50 per page, which is probably about right for FL).
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Unread postby massdad1234 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:53 pm

Trev, what about this whole circus is believable, its a < feces > show. OP, be done with it already, there are more important things in life than to worry about a person you no longer wish to be around.
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Previous

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum